EndeavourOS made it in the Distrowatch database

#859 now, 2nd position!

1 Like

So does this mean EndeavourOS has been accepted?

https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=Endeavour

1 Like

I believe so,this is what distrowatch tweeted on their Twitter account:
Twitter

9 Likes

And there was much rejoicing

4 Likes

Thank you guys, for voting!!! I still don’t know what happened, we’re really in their database.

3 Likes

Now we only have to eat sir Robin’s minstrels.

(Monty python Quest for the holy grail reference)

2 Likes

https://www.distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=endeavour

EndeavourOS is ranked, as of this writing, at number 289 in popularity. I just wrote my review (it is the third review and naturally I rate it 10 out of 10) and the current rating from the 3 reviews is 9.3.

I hope that this distro eventually attains the DistroWatch popularity rank of No. 1 (or at least in the top 10)!

Lawrence

4 Likes

It still is a mystery, though, how we got in so fast… Don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful, but other distro’s are waiting for over a year to get in.

4 Likes

Congratulations and thanks to everyone. This is great news.

3 Likes

Feels like there should be an addendum to the “Active” status. “VERY active”. :slight_smile:

Edit: When did you guys actually start working on this? Because counting from the “death” of Antergos to being accepted on Distrowatch is what? Two months? That’s kind of amazing.

1 Like

We started working on EOS on the 28th of May, I know it’s crazy, but I have to applaud the dedication @fernandomaroto, @joekamprad and @manuel showed from day one, otherwise, this distro wasn’t here yet.

6 Likes

That’s awesome guys. I put my vote in last week when I first installed endeavouros. Congrats to the team for such a great kick-off!

2 Likes

@Bryanpwo, this might not be such a mystery. There was a lot of activity very quickly for EOS, and that might have raised a flag with DW. Also, since EOS is a continuation of an established Distro, it might have found favor with them. If something was good enough to be in the top 100 before, maybe it’ll be worth it again as a reborn OS? Just guessing, but seeing as how EOS was out in the wild so quickly after Antergos closed their doors and simply worked right out of the box…well, to me that speaks volumes of the people involved, and the basis of the project to begin with. Kudos!

3 Likes

how do I register my vote for EndeavourOS

i have clicked on… https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=endeavour

Is that enough of is there a specific link I need to click on?

2 Likes

The voting was to get us on the waitinglist of Distrowatch, but since today we have the honour of being accepted in their Database.

2 Likes

Dear Bryabpwo,

I just sent the following e-mail to DistroWatch:

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am glad to see that DistroWatch has added EndeavourOS to the database. The speed of this addition must be some sort of record as the project only officially began on May 28, 2019.

It is an absolutely great distro and I look forward to reading a review of it on DistroWatch.

I’d like to bring to your attention that the official name of the distro is EndeavourOS.

But, if you type that into your “Type Distribution Name” search box, EndeavourOS does not show up.

If you type in Endeavour, it does.

But this is incorrect and it might be confusing. Would you please correct your search box so that, if one types in EndeavourOS, the distribution will be shown?

Thanking you for your consideration, I am,

Very truly yours,

Lawrence

I hope they get that error fixed quickly.

Lawrence

3 Likes

I just this minute received the following reply:

### Ladislav Bodnar 5:34 PM (5 minutes ago)

to me, distro@distrowatch.com

01.08.2019, 05:28, “Lawrence” :
:
> But, if you type that into your “Type Distribution Name” search box, EndeavourOS does not show up.

You are right, sorry about that. It’s fixed now.

Cheers,

Ladislav

How about that! They fixed it almost as fast as you created it!:grinning:

EndeavourOS is still No. 289, but now with 9 reviews and it’s rated at 9.78!

All the best to everyone,

Lawrence

5 Likes

Nice!

Adding characters…

1 Like

And great!
The effects of the work are astounding; it’s such a confirmation. So fast… That’s it.

1 Like