EndeavourOS community, you are incredibly awesome!

A warm welcome to you nigelwarning. I truly hope you enjoy your experience here.

1 Like

Pkgbuild has enable snap and flatpak in the pamac-aur package. Change from 0 to 1 and build it

2 Likes

I am happy as a clam with EndeavourOS on my latest laptop, replacing Arch, but still retain vanilla Arch on my desktop. Now onward to putting something on my older laptop, a 2010 Dell.

Probably Endeavour, but I haven’t decided on the GUI yet. My half-dead fingers require a mouseable DE rather than a keyboard-driven WM so I’m somewhat limited. Perhaps the default Xfce? I dunno. :wink:

3 Likes

I’d vote for XFCE. Reasonably light, and very capable. Most of the good ideas that other DE’s have had end up implemented in xfce as well due to its longevity and dedicated devs - so you give up nothing in most cases :smile:

6 Likes

I agree. I have tried numerous desktop environments (Gnome, Unity, KDE, Openbox, ICE, LXDE, and probably a few others) but I always come back to Xfce because it’s truly (in my opinion) the simplest and the easiest one to use.

I also feel that the Thunar file manager associated with Xfce is the best one (again, in my opinion). One thing I particularly like about Thunar is, if you are renaming a file, you can see the original before you actually commit to the change. I often use this feature to make certain that I have copied certain spelling of words correctly. I do not believe that you can do this with other file managers such as Nautilus.

Regardless of the many distros I have tried over the years, I have always tried to use Xfce on them. It just allows you to do your work.

Lawrence

6 Likes

I’ve been teasing LXQt lately too, but I always go back to Xfce.

3 Likes

https://forum.endeavouros.com/t/comunitate-endeavouros-esti-incredibil-de-minunata/5338

2 Likes

I usually suggest to always go with the primary desktop, simply since that one is the most cared one, with the most support and the most love and attention received.

I go as far as saying one desktop should be all a distro is shipping and the supreme KDE support in KaOS and the disastrous change from a pure KDE to a “I offer all and nothing right” approach in Mageia speaks loud for that case.

So also XFCE from me, its implementation here is superb.

3 Likes

Good