EndeavourOS Boot via Grub fails on MSI Motherboards

Yes, I will but it will take some weeks. Then, I will open a new case and refer this one. That will also tell, if that BIOS update has resolved issues. The target is to get EnOS to boot as smoothly as possible. (EDIT)

BTW, currently Teams is dire - good to have mutli-boot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All of that under fEFInd? The problem is may be that most users on multi-boot do not use or know about it, I could be wrong here.

I sometimes wonder if people just think that multi-booting should be difficult, so they use grub. In fact, for most systems, just 2 simple terminal commands followed by a reboot should have you in action. A little tidying up (hiding things you don’t need) and and minor config file editing (if you want to add in [processor]-ucode files for instance) would be better - but not required for operation.

No i was just saying i have these different boards with no grub issue like you are having. I’m only using rEFInd on the MSI board right now.

1 Like

Alright, rEFIfind on the MSI could mask a problem that does not exist with the others. I will do more investigations in due course.

I have lived so far with grub on SAVEDEFAULT (handy for restarts) for switching between EnOS and Windows which I do often. The other fallback OS are trapped with F11 when required. rEFInd is probably the better solution.

Are you sure that none of your installs are in mbr mode? If that is the case then you would have to use the F11 key to boot from another installed OS because it’s not UEFI. :thinking:

Yes, I am certain. F11 is just safer than relying on os-prober and for me easier than selecting an entry from the grub menu. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.