Endeavour OS installation problems

Well all i can say is i have installed EndeavourOS many many many times on various hardware and have had no issues. It is impossible to test for all case scenarios of all the different hardware that is out there and there are a some cases where problems will arise.

What exactly happens when you boot on the live ISO?

TL:DR You did remember to disable secure boot yes?

1 Like

Yes. It is off.

And you selected the non free driver option?

The boot loads as normal, but no welcome app comes up and virtually no apps will open. When I try to open any apps that wonā€™t open normally in the command line it doesnā€™t spit out an error or anything, nothing happens.

I have tried both, same result.

It appears you have a very specific use case and havenā€™t really supplied much information to go on so good luck and hopefully a future update might resolve the issue.

1 Like

Have you tried booting with nomodeset?

This isnā€™t a issue just tied to me though, Ive seen 2 others also have this issue on the forum.

Please link the examples :+1:

The OP of this thread and this thread,

What would be the best way to go about this? I donā€™t see an easy way to edit the grub config.

It seems that the ROG boards many times give problems too.

You can boot on the live ISO and when the grub menu comes up hit e for edit and then add nomodeset in the default grub command line after ā€œquietā€ then continue to boot on the ISO by press F10 i think.

Shit my bad, I could of sworn it was ESC to edit, Iā€™ll try this now.

I corrected my typo as it should be"nomodeset"

1 Like

I donā€™t see a quiet line in the config.

Post the output from terminal.

Which terminal?

It should be in the command line ā€¦ "quiet ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦