Endeavour not starting

Hi All

I have downloaded and installed Endeavour several times. Each time the message at the end of the process is of success.
However when attempting to start the application the screen freezes with no useful information displayed.
Any help appreciated.

We are going to need a lot more info. To start with:

-online or offline install?
-what DE('s) have you installed?
-fresh install each time or are you trying to dual boot with something else?
-give us an overview of the hardware you are installing on.
-any other details or specifics on what you have done and the error(s) you are getting.

I’m assuming you get the “Success” message at the end of the install process and then reboot only to have the screen freeze, is that right?

Also, welcome to the community :beers:

1 Like
  • latest ISO?
  • What hardware you do install on?
  • install-log directly after install before reboot to installed system: – use log tool from panel or this from terminal:
    cat ~/endeavour-install.log | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
4 Likes

fresh install each time; I have Manjaro installed;PC is Dell Inspiron 530 4gb
yes freeze on reboot
and many thanks for your response
should I re-install and try install log before reboot?

Yes, just as @joekamprad said.

Did you know we are all mind readers not

https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-inspiron-530-desktop-computer-intel-core-2-quad-q6600-500gb-hdd-4gb/ is this yours, this is a low powered desktop looks like shared ram 4gb with a max 255 mb to video card that leaves about 3gb usable ram.
I presume you installed XFCE you really need to share your secret desktop specs DE etc.

intel GMA 3100 igpu may needs modesetting driver to be used, so you will need to remove the intel video driver package and make use of the modsetting driver shipped inside kernel.
Can be done by use arch-chroot or boot without graphical environement.

sudo pacman -R xf86-video-intel

Note: Some (Debian & Ubuntu, Fedora, KDE) recommend not installing the xf86-video-intel driver, and instead falling back on the modesetting driver for Gen4 and newer GPUs (GMA 3000 from 2006 and newer). See [1], [2], Xorg#Installation, and modesetting(4). However, the modesetting driver can cause problems such as Chromium Issue 370022 and vsync jitter/video stutter in mpv.

1 Like

After today’s OS updates, my system would not reboot.

“recovering journal” upon rebooting is my only clue.

I did reinstall (online method, KDE desktop, endeavouros-2020.09.20-x86_64.iso) and have same message (recovering journal) and system does not boot up

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: After update system will not boot