Dolphin is bad

Dolphin must the worst filemanager, samba share is not working and it is awful, if I install nautilus in Plasma or another filemanager it all works like a charm, why can´t Plasma make a filemanager that is good?? Hate it very bad. I have everything installed that I must have but no idea to try my shares with it.

I’m sorry but try again. How about explaining your problem in detail instead of just rant about a great file manager. As for nautilus in Plasma I installed it a few days ago for root access and have to tell you in Plasma it is a true joke.

6 Likes

Is samba installed?
have you tried manually entering the path to your share in the adress bar?

e.g. smb://synology/share

Seems to work just fine over here when I do it like that to access my nas…
once you’re in, you can click file > add to places, to make a shortcut to your share in the left navigation pane

I am going to move this to the pub as it is really more of a rant then a help request. :hugs:

9 Likes

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!

I feel personally offended because the file manager I almost never use is an integral part of my identity. How dare you not like Dolphin!? :rofl:

7 Likes

I mean, you could’ve detailed your issue for peeps to help like Alien mentioned, but hey, we all have our experiences and opinions.

+1 on not liking Dolphin tho, it sux. But the beauty in Linux is that you can use whatever tickles your fancy, pretty much on anything you want, so no reason for hate. :exploding_head:

Try krusader.

1 Like

Great for root access, but that’s it.

Funny, I use dolphin to access Samba shares all day at work, and quite a bit at the house, and have never had a single issue other than forgetting that linux installs won’t read the hostname of my NAS at home (I’m assuming a WINS issue, but not enough of an issue to care about, 1 hosts entry and it’s fixed).

2 Likes

I like Dolphins! :dolphin: :dolphin:

3 Likes

Thanks!

come join us :wink:

1 Like

I hate Reddit! :rofl:

2 Likes

I always knew it!!
Finally TRUTH came out!

1 Like

The best description of Reddit I’ve ever heard:

Reddit is a bunch of people with IQ of 101, feeling superior compared to people whose IQ is 100.

:rofl:

6 Likes

Is that an accumulative IQ?
Pudge

7 Likes

I don’t know but Reddit to me is the stupidest platform i have ever seen! I don’t even get it! To me it’s just random :poop: Nonsense! And more :poop: Then there is some actually serious intelligent stuff! Sometimes! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Edit: Reddit doesn’t belong with Dolphins. :dolphin:

2 Likes

4irma5

6 Likes

Ok so this thread has basically derailed even for the pub :laughing: @Amandus if you would like to come back and make a new more appropriate post please free to do so. Closing.

7 Likes