Desktop Environment or Window Manager?

yeah, but maybe once it rains, there is nothing to see on the TV and the fridge is empty,
also a lazy man could give it once a chance :smiley:

BTW, there is always Canaima GNU/Linux .
:venezuela:

1 Like

If your TV is out and the fridge is empty, thatā€™s poverty. Being lazy is skillfully riding the line of minimum effort and learning a WM requires to do more than that for longer than Iā€™d want to. Xfce and like 5 shortcuts for common programs is good enough.

What about Gnome?

TTY is very lazy & stable, no bloat too :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

anyway I can agree that some WM require too much effort, thatā€™s why Iā€™m using SwayWM (i3)
thatā€™s easy to learn

1 Like

You can use the September release for this. That iso just has the advantage (disadvantage) of an offline install and i3 as the base wm in the live session.

Iā€™ve used it for a lot of years, but now I prefer a WM

Aaah ok, didnā€™t know that. I like it how its setup on the live iso, well except for the small font size of the panel but thats i think an easy fix.

SwayWM is i3? :thinking:

2 Likes

I believe he addressed thatā€¦ :wink:
2020-12-08-17:17:33-screenshot

2 Likes

Yes i3 plus wayland.

2 Likes

I think the default font was originally 8 IF Iā€™m correct? So using the online install fixes this?(Or is larger?)

yes, is i3 for Wayland
you can use almost the same config file

1 Like

He made a lot of changes to the configs recently. He also made the default install i3-gaps and picom the compositor and yes the online install if done now will have these changes. If you need a swap file added via calamares there is now an option for it in a newer iso that I can link if needed.

2 Likes

Use what fit your need :+1:

i 95% time in tiling wm .5% soft spot for Gnome :blush: :yum: Even that have POPshell tiling extension installed :rofl:

1 Like

Yea IF you have a link for the newer iso that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

https://github.com/endeavouros-team/ISO/releases/download/0-EndeavourOS-development-ISO-releases/endeavouros-devel-2020.12.04-x86_64.iso

https://github.com/endeavouros-team/ISO/releases/download/0-EndeavourOS-development-ISO-releases/endeavouros-i3-2020.10.03-x86_64.iso.sha512sum

1 Like

I have a partition of EnOS with i3. The learning curve is a little hard so I much prefer a D.E.

Iā€™m waiting also to see the next i3 version. So far I havenā€™t jumped in. I also just want something that works out of the box. :gift::fox_face:

1 Like