Dbus-broker | New Boot Messages after the past month updates

Hi,

I’ve been doing some monitoring after Arch has been changing the dbus defaults when I noticed the following messages show up in my boot logs:

Jan 17 13:04:15 mani dbus-broker-launch[1366]: Service file '/usr/share//dbus-1/services/org.kde.plasma.Notifications.service' is not named after the D-Bus name 'org.freedesktop.Notifications'.
Jan 17 13:04:15 mani dbus-broker-launch[1366]: Service file '/usr/share//dbus-1/services/org.kde.kscreen.service' is not named after the D-Bus name 'org.kde.KScreen'.
Jan 17 13:04:15 mani dbus-broker-launch[1366]: Policy to allow eavesdropping in /usr/share/dbus-1/session.conf +33: Eavesdropping is deprecated and ignored
Jan 17 13:04:15 mani dbus-broker-launch[1366]: Policy to allow eavesdropping in /usr/share/dbus-1/session.conf +31: Eavesdropping is deprecated and ignored
Jan 17 13:04:15 mani dbus-broker-launch[1366]: Ignoring duplicate name 'org.freedesktop.FileManager1' in service file '/usr/share//dbus-1/services/org.kde.dolphin.FileManager1.service'
Jan 17 13:04:15 mani dbus-broker-launch[1366]: Service file '/usr/share//dbus-1/services/org.kde.dolphin.FileManager1.service' is not named after the D-Bus name 'org.freedesktop.FileManager1'.

I’ve been doing some research in the bug tracker here:

Out of curiousity is anyone seeing these messages in their journal\logs:

• dbus-broker-launch[1366]: Policy to allow eavesdropping in /usr/share/dbus-1/session.conf +33: Eavesdropping is deprecated and ignored

• dbus-broker-launch[1366]: Ignoring duplicate name ‘org.freedesktop.FileManager1’ in service file ‘/usr/share//dbus-1/services/org.kde.dolphin.FileManager1.service’

Figure I would see if it is worth my while to open a defect, if others are also seeing the issue.

:hash:ME2

Jan 18 15:53:09 linux dbus-broker-launch[817]: Policy to allow eavesdropping in /usr/share/dbus-1/session.conf +31: Eavesdropping is deprecated and ignored

Jan 18 15:53:28 linux dbus-broker-launch[1263]: Service file '/usr/share//dbus-1/services/nemo.FileManager1.service' is not named after the D-Bus name 'org.freedesktop.FileManager1'.
Defined-By: dbus-broker
1 Like

Opened the followin defect for investigation:

1 Like

There is a response in the bug to the messages. Some of the messages are because I have dolphin installed for some testing (where the system has Gnome Desktop).

The interesting part is below. Should we recommend changing our dbus configuration file in our distribution?

Eavesdrop is a D-Bus feature that was superseded by monitors. dbus-broker does not implemented eavesdropping, but your D-Bus configuration file still enables it. This message tells you that eavesdropping-configurations will be ignored.

This is likely because your distribution ships the dbus configuration file from the reference implementation. This still contains eavesdrop configurations, even though the feature has not been used for many years.
1 Like

That’s good to know!

I guess the changes to the config file should be done by Arch in this case then, don’t you think so?

At any rates, thank you so much for the effort and sharing the info!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.