Commonality in most issues

Yeah, that’s why this meme exists:

NoVidea is not a Linux-friendly hardware manufacturer.

It’s a pity, because they make very good GPUs. But if you are going to buy new hardware and you intend to run Linux on it, do yourself a favour and avoid NoVidea like the plague. Your life will be significantly less troubled.

Slightly off-topic, but it’s about making decisions when buying hardware:

A few days ago, I needed to buy a really cheap mouse, under $5, preferably. I went to the store and found one for about $4 and I took it from the shelf and proceeded to go to the counter to buy it, looking at the back of the package. It had a big label that said: “COMPATIBILITY” and next to it, it listed all windoze versions from 95 to 10 (no 11, funny enough). No mention of Linux.

Of course this mouse works on Linux, it’s a mouse which costs $4 – it works on potato. But they had the need to advertise it for windoze, which I found rather offensive, so I ended up buying an equally crappy mouse for $6, which didn’t have any such silly labels on the back of the package.

I guess, it’s very easy to manipulate me into paying more for crappy hardware :rofl:

Likewise, I’ll never buy another NoVidea GPU (unless they open source their drivers – fat chance!).

3 Likes