Clonezilla to another computer with empty partition for dual Windows boot

Have you disabled secure boot?

Its the first image.

Yeah, it popped in after.

Do you have secureboot disabled?

Yes. It popped up : secure boot is disabled.

Now after I choose Cassini iso from Ventoy, it shows correct UEFI install Endeavouros, then crashes

It is ventoy. You need to either update ventoy to the latest version or choose grub2 mode to boot it.

Yes I updated it and chose Grub2 and it is now finally in UEFI. For the record, I has to set CSM to Auto and Secure Boot from Windows UEFI and set it to Other OS.
I am preparing for BTRFS and was planning to do a 300MB FAT32 for /boot/efi, an 18GB swapfile for a 16GB RAM, and the balance for / in btrfs. Then zramd -and BTRFS Assistant does it sound like a plan?

Unless you are planning to use suspend to disk, I would probably skip the swap partition if you are planning to use zram.

If you are using grub 300MB is good for ESP, if systemd-boot more is better.

But that is just my personal preference, what you have proposed is generally fine.

I had to accept /boot for the mount point as I did not see /boot/efi in the dropdown. Is that a change?

If you choose grub /boot/efi should be there. If not, you need to use /efi

Although, you can type in that field so technically you can do whatever you want

I left it just as /boot - its working perfectly now. Thank you.
It’s a bit off track from the OP, so I close the thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.