Change mouse scroll speed and more gestures

Hi, I installed EndeavourOS with Plasma today on rog zephyrus g14 GA402RK.
The problem are:

1. The touchpad scrolling speed is too fast, and there is no method in settings to change.
  2. When using browsers like firefox, I want to use two fingers scroll left and right to go backward and forward page, how should I set this?

Thanks

You could try this

However it does say 4 fingers in their description and as I haven’t used it before I don’t really know how to set it up

If you’re running Xorg rather than Wayland, you could try adding the Synaptics driver for notebook touchpads.

sudo pacman -S xf86-input-synaptics

For me, this adds lots of configuration options in the Touchpad section of KDE System Settings (it’s in the Input Devices section).

1 Like

I’m at work and don’t have any computer running KDE near me but I’m 99.9% sure that there is a setting for trackpad-sensitivity.

edit: Check here: https://userbase.kde.org/System_Settings/Touchpad

If it’s not there you really may miss the correct driver for your trackpad.

install

xf86-input-synaptics

does that for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

This works well, it adds more options to system settings, although the scrolling for firefox is still not really satifying, but I doubt that it is another issue

1 Like

Just as a quick update for those who may be interested:
The firefox scroll too fast issue can be solved by:
In url search bar, type about:config, return, then search for mousewheel.default.delta_multiplier_y and change its value, the smaller the slower you scroll.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.