Cassini Nova R1 & a sneak peek into our upcoming major release

3 Likes

Welcome to the club!

But nevertheless, I’ll stick with it:

2 Likes

Me too… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

jesus im stupid, I only realized at the transition period part… At the Elon part I was like, this is weird, but ok I guess…

1 Like

When I read deepin :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Okay …i tried it on vmware! :wink:

Screenshot_20230331_191449

1 Like

To my apology… here, after all, is not quite the first.

When reading I thought sometimes WOW, sometimes ummm, sometimes wtf. Then I thought about what I should write now to it. Then I realized the nice Easter bunny…

There are not many people who create this with me - you did it :point_up: :rofl:

5 Likes

The look is great, but there is problem not solved in DeepinDE which is RTL Languages in the interface are not good, like other DEs, this is why I hate it.

Especially inventiveness. What the team impressively demonstrates here.
All in all a very impressive april fool!

:enos: :egg:

2 Likes

I don’t know what you are talking about, this is serious news… :grinning:

To set the record straight, Cassini Nova R1 is a real release and it really solves the Nvidia issue of not booting our ISO.

6 Likes

This is what you get when you use AI to write your release announcements, not enough poisson d’Avril! :fish:

7 Likes

This is like a bucket of cold water. Deepin? Why?

Not that XFCE has been a whole lot better since the recently passed Happy Holidays.

The Deepin file manager was horrible, to say the least possible, while I checked it out with some other distro. Not Ubuntu.

Mixed feelings also about using an installer other than Calamares. That program has a lot of flaws such as the infamous “Removing 4 packages” and it takes half-hour or longer no matter how fast your CPU and disks are. But it’s better than Anaconda (Red Hat) and many others. I have said in the past the Calamares that comes with EndeavourOS is probably the best one around. It puts stuff into the install progress log, and it has never crashed on me after the previous six attempts. Those are the ones I remember, including installing KDE version a few days before Cassini release changed last month.

ZuckerBee LOL, I don’t know if it would stick with a lot of intolerant people on one side of the Atlantic Ocean. Also it begins too much like somebody else’s name… not that man most of you people have written (including on this thread) his name over and over…

Another thing. Nothing against China but I just think Deepin is not a good idea for “basic installation live mode”. Unless it does indeed take up less space on ISO than XFCE.

This is just an opinion. I felt i had to say something after I read the news on Distrowatch and couldn’t believe it until I logged into this place.

LOL wait but what is today’s date? No backspace sorry, please don’t ban me,…

5 Likes

I actually got my hopes up, as some of these changes sound really good…

4 Likes

There is actually a new release, just not with some of the features mentioned here.

That’s the saddest part of the missing, next to Zuckerbee, Endy, and Deepin, of course!

It was the same for me, until I finally realized that April is coming again.

1 Like

This “Zuckerbiene” could then again some watchdogs and moral guardians for sexist. We know where we are …

Guess you may be right. Although “Zuckerbiene” was only in use for that what you take in our youth. No? - A slight variation of that so unwoke theme was “Die Zuckerpuppe aus der Bauchtanztruppe”. :wink:

3 Likes

Nice work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Then the derived name for the OS would probably be “Candy Doll” …