Can't launch games through Lutris since update

Hi, I recently got Lutris installed, and have been playing AC3. There was a recent update and now the games no longer launch (Lutris installed games or Steam). I have listed the log below.

Would appreciate any help.

lutris-wrapper: Assassin's Creed III
Running gamemoderun /home/workstation0/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.7-8-x86_64/bin/wine /home/workstation0/1Toshiba/assassins-creed-iii/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/Uplay.exe
Initial process has started with pid 53256
Game is considered started.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libgamemodeauto.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libgamemodeauto.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.

I’m not sure what those errors mean - I’m sure someone else will though - However, I reccomend rolling back to an older kernel eg LTS kernel. Which can be done through the arch kernel package manager in the EOS welcome screen.

On both my gaming systems I use older/LTS kernels (MX Linux and Solus) and I haven’t seen any performance issues as a result of doing this.

ETA: Actually I’ve just re-read your log, am I right in assuming you have installed feral gamemode and set it to auto launch games in the lutris dashboard? If so maybe try disabling it/turning it off.

ETTA: Also make sure you’ve updated both Wine and Lutris as well, if you haven’t already. Though if you have already perhaps the issue is with Wine/Lutris not being compatible with the newest kernel…

2 Likes

From what I understand, it’s Nvidia spaghetti. @Janinah is right that it calls to Feral Gamemode, please try to enable/disable that and launch Uplay.

As far as I know Feral Gamemode doesn’t come with Lutris on Arch, you can try to grab it from AUR if you don’t have it installed at all.

1 Like

Well yeah all above analysis should be correct, it looks like Feral gamemode broken after update:

1. Try to update system again just in case, maybe there are already some fixes:

sudo pacman -Syu

2. Try to disable Feral Gamemode, if it works without it - just wait for next update and turn it off, although if i remember correctly you really needed it…

2 Likes