Cannot install in Dual boot with Windows 11: SSD not detected

Hey,
I have a similar issue than this post: after disabling secure boot, I’m able to boot on my USB stick. But when I try to install, my laptop SSD is not detected.
Debug info with the USBWritter install

[liveuser@eos-2023.08.05 ~]$ lsblk -f
NAME   FSTYPE   FSVER            LABEL       UUID                                 FSAVAIL FSUSE% MOUNTPOINTS
loop0  squashfs 4.0                                                                     0   100% /run/archiso/airootfs
sda    iso9660  Joliet Extension EOS_202308  2023-08-05-13-57-43-00                     0   100% /run/archiso/bootmnt
├─sda1 iso9660  Joliet Extension EOS_202308  2023-08-05-13-57-43-00                              
└─sda2 vfat     FAT16            ARCHISO_EFI 6121-B369  

Using Ruckus instead of USBWritter to create the installation USB allows me to start the installation, but the only partition available are on the USB stick and not the disk (which does not appear in the partition manager). And I have the same issue with Kubuntu.

I saw this other post but I can still boot on windows so my SSD is likely still alive :stuck_out_tongue:

Windows settings

I have this partitioning on my disk:

Secure and fast boot are disabled, hibernation is disabled too.

Ok so even if I had a single SSD, I was not in AHCI SATA mode but in Intel Rapid Storage Technology mode. Switching to AHCI (via the bios) fixed the problem and I could install, but it broke Windows 11. So I switched back to IRST which broke my fresh eos install.
I followed those instructions which allowed me to make Windows compatible with AHCI and switched to AHCI (with bios).

Now the double boot works like a charm!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.