Call for testing BTRFS Assistant

btrfs-assistant is the one you want unless you want the latest code. Although, at this moment in time, they are the same.

It should be pulled in as a dependency if you are using an AUR helper. If you build your AUR packages manually then you will need to install it first.

2 Likes

It runs as root so it may be taking the theming from your root user.

3 Likes

Ah, I have it.
thank you

1 Like

Hi. Size and mountpoint giving error but rest of these all ok.
Ekran görüntüsü_2022-01-25_16-53-19
Ekran görüntüsü_2022-01-25_16-54-00

What is the error? Can you share it so we can see what is happening? Those should never be failing…

The device does not appear and when I try to restore snapshot it does not restore.

I mean the errors with lsblk. If lsblk is showing errors that may be the underlying cause of the issues.

Hi @dalto I installed the app and selected the following:

do you know where I can find the terminal commands for above settings so I know how this works if I were to use CLI?

I don’t see snapper tabs as I don’t have it installed. I have timeshift and timeshift-autosnap installed and working as intended.

Is there any advantage to use snapper over timeshift? I am still learning about BTRFS :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Those are systemd services. You can see them with systemctl

Yes, several. However, they are mostly about flexibility. Snapper is a more advanced tool which provides more options at the cost of complexity. If timeshift meets all your needs, I wouldn’t worry about it.

got it. Thanks!

Timeshift is sufficient for my needs :slight_smile:

found this old thread. Will have a look.

If you are using the package btrfs-assistant-git you might want switch to btrfs-assistant unless you are interested in testing the next version because I just pushed new code that isn’t as well tested as the released version.

1 Like

I just finished the next phase of development on BTRFS Assistant and it is ready for public testing.

Most of the changes are behind the scenes:

• Significant code refactor to streamline and improve code and improve error handling
  • Added a configuration file to hold key values
  • Added more complete support for Btrfs maintenance which changed the layout of the UI and brought some new functionality
  • Made Btrfs maintenance an optional dependency

If you would like help with the testing effort, btrfs-assistant-git in the AUR will install the new version.

Please be careful with using this version on a production machine because the backend changes that were made could potentially have broken something I didn’t surface in my testing.

As always, thanks for your assistance.

5 Likes

Good evening, can I install the program in parallel with btrfs-assistant without git if so I would like it to be
test it.

No, they are different versions of the same program. When you install btrfs-assistant-git it will remove btrfs-assistant

If this is possible I would like to test it, switch to the new version.

So have installed it times, without problem, very fine program.
Thank you, I like very much with the new functions.

1 Like

Hey guys, How you’ve applied dark theme ?

On my machine it’s the only app that’s not following the dark theme.
I’m using the default Breeze Dark theme of KDE Plasma.

It is running as root so it uses the root users theme.

If you copy your theme config into the root users home directory it should work.

1 Like

Can you please tell me how can I do that ?
I’m a new linux user.

EDIT : I tried this - https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/qt#Theme_not_applied_to_root_applications and did this but it didn’t worked.

ln -s /home/asmit/.config/Trolltech.conf /etc/xdg/Trolltech.conf

One easy way is to use konsave

yay -S konsave
konsave -s user 
konsave -e user

At this point the program will give you a path that looks something like /home/dalto/user.knsv

sudo su
konsave -i /home/dalto/user.knsv
konsave -a user
exit

Be sure to replace the path with my username to the patch that konsave -e provides you

1 Like