Bug on our February release

Originally published at: https://endeavouros.com/news/bug-on-our-february-release/

Our community and new users brought to our attention that the Welcome app on the live environment of the ISO has an annoying bug and we are very grateful for submitting these bug reports.

After clicking on the update app button, the welcome app isn’t coming back and therefore prevents the user from installing the system. This issue is caused by the recent update from Yad, the package the Welcome app is based on, that requires the latest version of Glibc which isn’t shipped on the current ISO.

The workaround for now is NOT CLICKING on the update button, this will not affect the installation of your system, regardless which option you choose.

We are working hard on a new release that will fix this bug and it is our goal to deliver it somewhere this upcoming week.

13 Likes

https://forum.endeavouros.com/t/topic/13124

1 Like

French version: Un bug sur notre publication de février

1 Like

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

:de:

1 Like

100% exactly that :wink:

2 Likes

Without it life is not exciting… :rofl:

3 Likes

Leider ist das nicht der einzige Bug!! Ich habe versucht, diese Version in VirtualBox zu installieren. Aber der Installer erkennt (ohne Update!) die bestehende Internet-Verbindung nicht! Damit geht es nicht mehr weiter.
Zum Bug: Ich habe den Updater in der Konsole versucht zu starten. Fehlermeldung: Es wird GLIB_C 3.3 erwartet. Es ist aber nur 3.2 installiert.
Ich hatte versucht, die fehlerhaften Abhängigkeiten durch ein Upgrade mit pacman -Syu aufzulösen. Aber auch das läuft nicht zu Ende. Die Installation steigt reproduzierbar beim 137. von über 300 Paketen aus. das 137.Paket war immer Firefox.

Ich habe einen Vorschlag! In ArchLinux ändern sich wegen laufender Paket-Aktualisierungen die Abhängigkeiten sehr schnell, siehe das Beispiel mit der GLIB_C-Version. Das wird sich auch nicht ändern, so dass es wohl keinen Sinn macht, Live-ISO’s anzubieten, die schon nach wenigen Tagen veraltet sind. Dies ist leider die dritte Live-ISO hintereinander, mit der ich EndeavouroS nicht zum Fliegen bekommen habe, weswegen ich eine andere Arch-Distri gefunden habe (ArchoLinuxD).
Bitte bietet einen Net-Installer an, der nur ein minimales Arch auf den Rechner lädt, der dann den eigentlichen Installer mit allen Abhängigkeiten tagesaktuell aus dem Netz holt. Und erst dann geht das Installieren los. Die Live-ISOs veralten einfach zu schnell!!!

Dear @tisolino

I’m so sorry to hear that EndeavourOS didn’t work for you, I can feel your pain.

I am delighted to hear that you have found an Arch-based distro that works for your hardware, after all, it is all about the Arch experience in the first place.
Like 99% of the distros out there, we are a hobby project that has one goal, share our enthusiasm for GNU Linux with people who are as enthusiastic as we are.

I’m sure you will find the joy an Arch-based system can give you with ArcoLinux and its wonderful community, also.

My deepest apologies for not answering you in German, my German isn’t that good and I recommend using Deepl.com to understand what I wrote, that’s what I used to understand your post.

I wish you a fantastic journey discovering Arch.

Love

Bryan

1 Like

Dear Bryan,
don’t worry I love your EndeavourOS! I had already installed it and I wanted to change to it again but due to the quality of the LiveISO’s it failed several times… :frowning:
Hopefully you could understand my idea of the small net installer? Ubuntu and Debian have it and I think it can prevent the problems of missing dependencies if the net installer loads the real OS installer updated daily…
I really appreciate your great work,
Tino

3 Likes

At the moment, a cli installer isn’t on our roadmap since it is only the three of us in the main team.
I kindly refer you to the hardware section of the forum to post this issue, because it seems that it has to do with your certain hardware configuration the ISO is causing issues on both bare-metal as Virtualbox.

I know Arco has worked for you, but the issues you are describing aren’t showing on a grand scale.

So, also for us, it would be a great learning moment if you share your logs on the forum and perhaps, together with the community, we can see where it is going wrong.

4 Likes

Wir haben auch ein deutsches Subforum:

Ich kann gerne bei deinem Problem helfen, oder dir dort weitere Informationen geben

1 Like