Budgie main dev leaves Solus

ah ok :slight_smile: thats good facts :)ā€¦ i might be wrongā€¦ probably they also copied those on macos :slight_smile: but its was kinda experiminal html5 ā€¦ didnt really lived longā€¦ cannot imagine how it was.

to thin about based out of web tech :slight_smile:

And welcome @JoshStrobl from me too. Excided ti see what you have in tour sleeves for budgie!

1 Like

Considering Iā€™m on the Budgie team and currently on Endeavour (as of yesterday) it would make sense for me to be here too, wouldnā€™t it? Hi all!

18 Likes

welcome

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Let us know if you need anything.

1 Like

@serebit and @JoshStrobl to the forums. I admit, Iā€™ve never been a huge fan of Budgie on Arch, and thought the Solus implementation was better. Itā€™s a very intuitive DE, and I can very much see the value especially for new to Linux folks.

Anyway. Welcome. Iā€™m sure if you need testers (I like testing things) thereā€™s a number of us here. Good luck in wherever/however your project lands.

5 Likes

Solus budgie is great and the implementation on EndeavourOS is close. It is also one of my preferred desktops.

I donā€™t necessarily agree, but thatā€™s not a bad thing. Itā€™s what keeps us all going and developing.

1 Like

Of course the Solus implementation is better. Iā€™m just saying itā€™s pretty good here. :man_shrugging:

welcome to forum @JoshStrobl @serebit

3 Likes

Welcome aboard, very interested in what comes from the changes ahead

3 Likes

My goal right now is to get the Arch (and Endeavour by extension) implementation of Budgie up to par with the Solus one. As Josh mentioned, weā€™d left the upstream config out of date because everyone actively developing Budgie was on Solusā€”now that the Budgie team is spread out across multiple distributions, we have more focus on the upstream experience being good for everyone. Next release is a big step towards that goal.

11 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! welcome to the forum :grin:

4 Likes

Another friendly face! Welcome @serebit to the purple side of life my dude :wink: :enos_flag: :enos:

4 Likes

welcome @serebit

5 Likes

welcome! getting all the budgie folks on endeavouros :wink:

4 Likes

Welcome to you too @serebit. Is great to see you here too.

1 Like

he goes this way
https://www.serpentos.com/

Welcome to the purple side from me too :enos:
Feel free to contact (both of you)
If you have suggestions on package installed with budgie do a PR here:

2022-01-03_17-59

6 Likes

I have used Solus Budgie for a short while before. Very nice experience but I missed Pacman (and AUR) so badly that I ran back to Arch-BTW-Linux :sweat_smile:

Welcome aboard @JoshStrobl and @serebit !

PS- Not sure even you could say: I use Solus, btw :wink: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes