Browsers - 3 are too many

I have been using 3 browsers for over a year, Chromium, Vivaldi and Firefox. That’s one too many. What has brought this whole situation to a head is I also have a couple of wireless mice, Microsoft Mobile Mouse 4000. They are dependable and work well except somewhere in the kernel updates scroll distance diminished dramatically (I think from kernel 4.19 to 5.0). I used imwheel for a while, but it adjusts everything and I only want to speed up scrolling within browsers. Slower speed/distance in Dolphin is a blessing. I tried editing the browser desktop files by adding --scroll-pixels=nnn to the Exec= line, but that’s not a good solution.

Firefox has the wonderful about:config settings page where I can control scroll distance with “mousewheel.min_line_scroll_amount”. Chromium and Vivaldi no. I’ll keep Chromium as a backup and for its tight Google interfacing. So goodbye Vivaldi, you’re one Chromium based browser too many. It was a good run for a year.

Mozilla/Firefox, never get rid of about:config. Please. Chromium based browsers are a pain in the @$$ to modify for user requirements. If my life wasn’t so interwoven with the Google/Android environment I’d chuck Chromium too.

1 Like

currently i use firefox too now understand what firefox sync works lol, so have it also on mobile i dont mind general change of heart can be good sometimes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only now started using Firefox sync. Before I did manual sync. I’m also trying Firefox private network for Firefox browser sessions. It works, but there are some delays and every now and then it hangs and I have to kill the browser session. I expect that from an experimental beta program and am not disappointed. Overall it works pretty good and is easy to turn off and on.

I currently use two browsers; Vivaldi for Netflix and other daily tasks (synced on all my devices), and FireFox (I would prefer WaterFox, but it has problems right now), unsynced and FireJailed.

Of cource I use a VPN (and sometimes all of this in a VR-Box using the computer naked in a Farraday Cage wearing a tin foil hat).

Well almost… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why don’t you also use Firefox for Netflix?

I don’t want to “cross contaminate” and/or have any of my personal data on that browser. Just a precaution.

1 Like

thought I would add a note in favor of Brave. Brave often allows access to sites that demand turning off an ad-blocker. (am not intending to spark a debate over use of ad-blockers)

Vivaldi has also some settings hidden:

1 Like

Neat find. The urls appear to work for chromium too if you substitute “chrome” for “vivaldi”. Useful, but not as extensive control as Firefox. I couldn’t find mouse settings.

I use four browsers without any errors.