Browsers - 3 are too many

The hands that feeds Brave? Advertisers who have access to Brave.

If I disliked so much google, I won’t be using it every single day. I’m just saying that Brave cannot be trust about ads blocking.

Which market? Ethical ads one? :rofl:

A trustable ad blocker HAVE to be independant, not embedded in a browser. You cannot be judge (blocker) and jury (advertisers).

I was on youtube as a video creator for 10 years, never made any money from youtube and did not care a lot about getting more viewers. How weird I am :joy:

I block ads because they’re annoying, but just as it is not more immoral for me to block ads than to go to the bathroom during a TV commercial break, the act of showing ads are in itself not bad, or morally wrong.

Unless you pay for a site yourself, the publishers of that site must make revenue somewhere. And ads has been the go to since the newspapers were invented.

But back to your issue: Of course it can be trusted. It’s easily verifiable: Do you see any ads? No? Then it is working. Simple. And again, Brave is not getting paid by Google. Firefox, on the other hand, is.

Ads are just pure waste of time for me. Blocking them is getting back time :slight_smile:

But you cannot skip ads in newspaper. You can on the web. Medias do not want to understand this simple truth.

I will NEVER trust an embedded ad blocker. Once again, Brave is at the same time a judge and a jury. There is a conflict in interests here. And a bad one.

We are in a pure doublethink case as described by George Orwell in 1984. You cannot in the same time provides “ethical ads” and block them. By the way, there is as much ethical ads as there are flying cars in 2019 :rofl:

You’re skipping something: there is no embedded ad blocker in Mozilla Firefox. A huge difference which tells me that Brave have to go to /dev/null and nowhere else.

2 Likes

Ad blocking was not the original topic… Please make ad blocking a new topic to make topics more searchable. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have nothing to add about the trust someone can have about embedded ads blocker. Brave is a good wrapper for Blink, but providing an embedded ad blocker is not a good idea. For the nth time, you cannot be judge and jury at the same time :smiley:

1 Like

I keep swapping between Firefox, Surf and Qutebrowser. I use FF 90% of the time though.