Bootable pen with win11

Is it more confusing than installing Windows 11 as a live-system?

P.S. It’s exactly the definition of Malware btw.

Malware is any software intentionally designed to cause disruption to a computer, server, client, or computer network, leak private information, gain unauthorized access to information or systems, deprive access to information, or which unknowingly interferes with the user’s computer security and privacy.

1 Like

ok…

I installed steam by flatpak, I dont have that directory, where is the directory with proton of steam of flatpak?

No idea. i don’t use flatpaks, maybe @proficiency knows?

It’ll automatically installed a proton version when you enabled it through Compatibility options, and installed a game.

When you’re done install a game, it will appears as tools within your library.

You can right click it to open file manager to the exact location of your entire steam library you would familiar with.

(ps. I don’t installed Steam from Flatpak, but it should be identical).

It looks like this:

you will also learn about something called “Proton GE”.

It’s a forked of Proton which itself fork of WINE.

Sometimes few games work optimally using Proton GE.

You can use a software called protonup-qt, it basically does what keybreak talk about but without the Heebie-jeebies of downloading it manually from ProtonGE github and copy/paste it to the folder.

This is how it look like. It automatically create a directory within your steam folder. So it will be usable within your steam applications. (it will be on different directory than normal Steam folder).

This folder.

When I do “Browse local files” It happens a big nothing.

And are you using Gnome?

Yes, I use gnome.

If you use Gnome and “browse local files” doesn’t works for you, try to run this on your terminal:
xdg-mime default org.gnome.Nautilus.desktop inode/directory

If you use other DE, I’m not sure I can help you with that.

I use KDE :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes. This is the most sane KDE setup I’ve ever seen lol :joy:

Anyway good luck gaming at Linux. :wave:

Install Ventoy on usb flashdrive. Copy your Windows iso to it. That’s it.

For more info: