Awesome-terminal-fonts tiny icons

Hi again.

I installed ttf-nerd-fonts-common and ttf-nerd-fonts-symbols-1000-em with pacman and this caused some of my previous icons provided by awesome-terminal-fonts to become tiny. For example:
The icons should be about the same size as the numbers but they are much smaller. The problem persists in the terminal output and in the i3bar.
I removed ttf-nerd-fonts-common and ttf-nerd-fonts-symbols-1000-em but that did not solve the problem.

Can I configure my fonts somehow and fix the issue? Thanks!

I think some of this has been discussed. There might be some font conflicts.

Also note eos uses

“ttf-nerd-fonts-symbols changed to ttf-nerd-fonts-symbols-2048-em due to upstream package changes.”

https://endeavouros.com/latest-release/

2 Likes

Sorry, I hadn’t looked in the i3wm section of the forum since the problem is everywhere, not just in the i3 panel bar.

However, I changed the font to Font Awesome Regular 12, as indicated in the other post, and the problem remains.

Possible that you installed other fonts that can conflict with ttf-nerd-fonts-symbols-2048-em?

Edit: also mentioned on this post but it is subtle. Shrunk icons on panel bar - #4 by joekamprad

Edit 2: try reinstalling ttf-nerd-fonts-symbols-2048-em and also search what package you have with nerd in there and post the output back here. For example pacman -Qs nerd.

for example I have:

$ pacman -Qs nerd
local/ttf-nerd-fonts-symbols-2048-em 2.2.2-3
    High number of extra glyphs from popular 'iconic fonts' (2048-em)
local/ttf-nerd-fonts-symbols-common 2.2.2-3
    High number of extra glyphs from popular 'iconic fonts'
1 Like
$ pacman -Qs nerd                                                                                                                                                                                       17:07:32
local/containerd 1.6.8-1
    An open and reliable container runtime
local/ttf-iosevka-nerd 2.2.2-1
    Typeface family designed for coding, terminal use and technical documents (Nerd Fonts)
local/ttf-nerd-fonts-symbols-2048-em 2.2.2-3
    High number of extra glyphs from popular 'iconic fonts' (2048-em)
local/ttf-nerd-fonts-symbols-common 2.2.2-3
    High number of extra glyphs from popular 'iconic fonts'

I reinstalled ttf-nerd-fonts-symbols-2048-em. Should I maybe remove ttf-iosevka-nerd?

You could try that if it conflicts. In the worst case you can reinstall it…

sudo pacman -Rs ttf-iosevka-nerd
1 Like

Removing ttf-iosevka-nerd worked! My icons are back to normal. Thank you so much!

sudo pacman -R ttf-iosevka-nerd

Edit: Note that the font in my i3 config is:

font pango: Noto Sans Regular 10
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.