Archfi install anyone?

Has anyone used the Archfi/Archdi install script, I tried to use it yesterday after booting to the July Arch iso. I typed in wget archfi.sf.net/archfi and I get this “wget will not execute and completetion _wget exists.” So i thought there was an issue with sourceforge & used wget matmoul.github.io/archfi and get the same error. My internet was working i checked that, can anyone check to see if they get the same issue with the July 2020 Arch iso using the Archfi script? https://github.com/MatMoul/archfi

Guess I’m getting lazy to installing Arch “The Arch Way” the older i get lol. :rofl:

Thanks!

You need to install wget first :wink:

pacman -Syy wget
3 Likes

So i just install that after booting to the arch iso then use wget archfi.sf.net/archfi and all will be good to go? :grinning:

After that it is GUI menu based.

EndeavourOS is easier. :wink:

2 Likes

So wget isn’t on the July 2020 Arch iso?

Nope

1 Like

Haha it is, My EndeavourOS install right after messing with that script installed flawlessly lol. :grin:

Thanks dalto, much appreciated!

1 Like

Thanks dalto, much appreciated! :grin:

1 Like

It’s okay…i installed Anarchy the other day too. But, it didn’t last long.

1 Like

You didn’t like it?

Isn’t Anarchy just another Arch installer now?

It went from installer->distro->installer :grin:

1 Like

I like it but it messes up grub and endeavour won’t boot. I can’t be bothered trying to figure out why.

1 Like

Anarchy is just another Arch installer. It works well. But i have never been able to understand what it does to grub and then Endeavour won’t boot.

Ok all installed on my 2nd pc, one problem though lol. My clock is 4 hours ahead for some reason? I’m on East coast USA so i set it for America/New_York, i do a timedatectl & i get

timedatectl
Local time: Sun 2020-07-05 00:34:35 EDT
Universal time: Sun 2020-07-05 04:34:35 UTC
RTC time: Sun 2020-07-05 04:34:34
Time zone: America/New_York (EDT, -0400)
System clock synchronized: no
NTP service: inactive
RTC in local TZ: no

For me its Saturday 8:37pm EST :thinking:

Do you have Windows installed also?

Nope

Dual Boot?

Nope just Arch