April release install fails in legacy mode

Grabbed the new iso earlier, wanted to do a bare metal install onto my primary laptop - a Lenovo T430s. It already has Win 10, a vanilla Arch install, Arco Linux and Manjaro installed. Don’t need the Arco install, so its root partition was going to be used instead.

That machine is currently set up in legacy mode - I’m planning to reinstall in UEFI mode, but haven’t had the time yet, so I was planning a legacy install. The machine is set to boot in either mode, with UEFI first. First problem I hit was that if I booted that way, EOS booted in UEFI mode. So I used setup to reverse the order, putting legacy first. I then booted again and started the installer.

I didn’t try a local installation, just selected online. At which point, the debug terminal opened, scrolled a bit and declared the installation complete. It left the GUI welcome selection on screen, but did nothing else.

I’ve installed on a different machine (T420) in UEFI mode, where the installer worked fine, now have it running with KDE as the DE alongside an older Xfce EOS install, MX Linux and Win10. Attempting a legacy install on another machine (HP SFF machine) failed in the same manner as the attempt on the T430.

No idea why, but I made another attempt to install the new iso to my T430. This time I left both UEFI and Legacy mode active in the firmware, only changed the boot order to Legacy first. And this time it worked. As I said, I have no idea why it should have worked any differently - yesterday it failed multiple attempts to install in Legacy mode with both UEFI and Legacy enabled, to day it worked…

I now have EOS with Deeping DE running. All I have to do now is work out why Deeping won’t connect to my WiFi. And work out how to kill the annoying sound effects when it tries over and over to do so…