Anyone heard from @jonathon?

Rest In Peace Sir!

5 Likes

My condolences to his family, may he rest in peace. A great loss to the linux community, he was a humble man who was dedicated to open-source, creating great things, and helping people, and had a great personality.

6 Likes

Wow - shocking news and a sad day for everyone who knew him.

2 Likes

I can’t say I personally knew him…but I certainly noticed his presence in many places and I’m sure there will be an absence.

2 Likes

The moment I became interested in the 5.4 kernel, I recognized a piece of this guy’s work… It’s ironic to get to know someone… after death… :cry:

2 Likes

RIP bro! And praying for your family.

3 Likes

This is sad news. Jonathon was the reason i switched from Manjaro to Endeavour. When you saw Jonathans icon on a thread then you knew someone was getting useful info. He didn’t necessarily give the answer, but would rather steer people in the right direction, so they could discover it themselves. I don’t remember him ever being wrong about anything he posted. He helped a lot of people.

Condolences to those who knew him and may he rest in peace.

5 Likes

I feared something was not right, but this news is just terrible. So sad.

My thoughts are only with his family and friends currently, who must be doing it very tough.

Linux lost a great contributor; but in the larger scheme of life this pales. The world lost a genuinely good person, we need more people like Jonathon in the world, now more than ever.

The impact he had on the Linux community was immense, he cannot be replaced, hopefully the community finds an appropriate way to honor and remember him.

RIP.

4 Likes