Another hi there topic :-)

I’m not new to Linux as I started early 2000s with Mandrake distro, then I’ve been switching to different *buntu flavors to finally land with Manjaro somewhere like 2017 I guess. For me, Manjaro was stable as rock and I have never experienced issues (except for one-time thing but purely related to Nvidia drivers). Now I’d like to verify on my own all these legends about immediate updates destroying Arch. I have chosen EndeavourOS because even I have some Linux experience I’m not as experienced to install all that stuff in text mode :slight_smile:

One thing that I noticed right away and I like much is EnOS has lowered significantly my wifi ping and latency in FPS games, now I know it’s just a matter of configuration but I’m getting that out of the box here :slight_smile:

Anyway, I’m very curious on this experiment results.

Hi and cheers!

11 Likes

Hello @dzyndzla
Welcome to the purple universe :enos: :enos_flag: :penguin_face: :rocketa_purple:

6 Likes

Welcome to the dark side @dzyndzla

4 Likes

Welcome @dzyndzla

5 Likes

Welcome to fun side + bloat free zone :blush:. Hope you enjoy your xp

( remember give time! you get there + lot of helpful usr here) Have fun :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Another welcome there @dzyndzla !

:enos: :handshake:t5:

3 Likes

Welcome to :enos: - Forum and to the wonderful community!

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @dzyndzla :wave: Enjoy the purple ride :enos_flag:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum :enos: :enos_flag:

3 Likes

I’ve been distrohopping for the last 26 years and I’ve ended up here. Endeavour is an excellent OS. I recently loaded up the latest Fedora spin and may give Ubuntu Cinnamon a spin. I do this mostly to see how everyone else is progressing. It gives me sometimes a lot of down time installing different OS distros and then reinstalling what I felt comfortable with. I’m no expert by any means. . .it’s a continual learning progression sometimes by repetition I guess. Welcome to the forum and happy computing.

Rich;

5 Likes

Hi!

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

1 Like

:enos_flag: Welcome! I am also a Manjaro expat. I loved Manjaro (still use it for some of my machines), and I have also been very happy with Endeavour’s stability and performance.

I think you’ll find that the minimal and terminal-centric nature of Endeavour lends it a very high degree of compatibility with Arch tutorials / wikis, so if you’re anything like me, you’ll be learning a lot in no time.

2 Likes

Welcome! :v:

1 Like

Welcome! :slight_smile:

As for “breaking things”, it happens, yes. In some cases, it’s mysterious and technical Anyone else noticed stuttering in games recently? - #11 by GUIn00b , and in others it’s plain user-foolery. Removed dracut, cannot boot now - #25 by dalto :laughing: The responsive, friendly community here has made it quite tenable IMO. :heart:

1 Like

Yeah, I understand all that, but even though it causes some issues, I was curious how much truth is in all those complaints about arch updates destroying OS that you can find over the internet and so on; I’m with EnOS for 2 weeks now and no issues at all; I’ve learned dracut, timeshift + btrfs; now I will try to apprach systemd-boot; but I need to dig deeper a bit and find out the best pattern for encrypting dual boot machine. Nice system, I like it much but I feel it’s rather not for beginners, good choice for ones having some linux background and interested in learning on how that thing works.