Anime thread

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I didn’t see any anime related thread here, so I decided why not make one myself?

Do you guys watch anime or not? If you do, what are some of your favorite shows and what are you watching currently? If you don’t, I would like to know why.

Some of my favorite shows are:

• Nichijou
  • New Game
  • Barakamon
  • Yuru Camp
  • Miss Kobayashi’s Maid Dragon
4 Likes

Yes, occasionally. But it’s quite difficult to find anime that suit my tastes.

Here is my top three:

1. Attack on Titan
  2. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
  3. Rurouni Kenshin

Honorable mentions:

• Jojo’s Bizarre Adventures - Has some of the most beautifully drawn female characters ever (Lisa Lisa); however, there are some aspects of Jojo that I don’t like (e.g: it requires some level of suspension of disbelief)
  • Black Lagoon
  • Blood+
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Death Note - I enjoy a good battle of wits.

I’ve also heard great things about Jujutsu Kaisen, but I can’t seem to find the time to watch it nowadays.

3 Likes

By definition of most anime watchers - certainly not :laughing:

But i love myself some real art, like:
Ghost in the shell
Paprika
Psycho-pass
Death note

…and of course most of Miyazaki’s classics!

P.S. Oh how could i forget - Serial experiments Lain.

4 Likes

I highly enjoyed watching Sword of the Stranger (movie), Paranoia Agent, 12 Kingdoms, Natsume Yuujinchou, and of course, Mushishi. I don’t really watch shows or movies anymore nowadays (not just animated, but also live action) so I have no recent titles in mind… looking at 2024 Spring titles, only 2 or 3 caught my eye, but I’m not even sure I’ll end up watching them. I still haven’t gotten to watch the ongoing taiga drama past its first episode… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If it’s a good show or movie I’ll watch it, I don’t care if it’s anime or not. Can’t really remember the last one I watched though.

2 Likes

I respect this mentality :+1:

@winnyace I was going to recommend Attack on Titan to you, but then I looked up the titles you listed in the OP. Almost all of them are from a more “kawaii” genre. If you happen to also enjoy anime with bloody, gory, and darker themes, do check out AoT.

@keybreak Never heard of this before, but it certainly piqued my interest now. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

I feel you. The ones that caught my eye were season continuations of shows I already enjoyed (Konosuba S3, Yuru Camp S3, Hibike Euphonium S3). Besides that, nothing else really gets me pumped up, honestly.

As I see it, if it is made in Japan and it’s animated, it’s anime :sweat_smile:

I like comedy, romance and slice of life shows more than action ones. I watched some actions shows, but not many and they aren’t my thing mostly. I do want to watch One Punch Man, since it seems to be action and comedy as well. Perhaps I will give AoT a spin too, eventually.

1 Like

Definitely check it out - it’s masterpiece.

1 Like

I can already tell from the synopsis. It has a bit of the Otherside Picnic vibes.

@winnyace What about Keroro Gunso, otherwise known as Sergeant Keroro?

Our resident frog, Kresimir, will probably enjoy it too.

3 Likes

I looked it up and it seems interesting. Adding this one to the list. Thanks! :smile:

I’m not a big anime watcher, besides some of the most popular ones, but I really like Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that’s the new show everybody is talking about. I didn’t look much into it, but it has some fine anime girls in it :wink:

I don’t watch a lot of anime, but there are a few that have given me great pleasure: Evangelion, Hellsing, Akame ga Kill!, Spy × Family, Castlevania, Chainsaw Man, Kenpu denki beruseruku, Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan, Death Note.
Not anime and very nice: Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, Arcane, Blue Eye Samurai, Love Death & Robots.

2 Likes

I love a lot of Anime

2 Likes

Downloaded 4 seasons of High School DxD a few days ago. I haven t got around to finding subs though.

1 Like

Is AniWav not a thing? Or is your bandwidth an issue?

Unless you want a different language for the subs, I think most… dubiously acquired shows have English subs baked it. That’s my experience at least.

Some of my favorites are:

• Sailor Moon
  • Laid-Back Camp (Yuru Camp)
  • Evangelion
  • Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex (I love Tachikomas)

I’m looking forward to the new Uzumaki anime.

3 Likes

My top 3 are:
Monogatari series
Spice and Wolf
Oregairu

Oregairu ended with the OVA they released last year, Monogatari announced new anime earlier this year, while Spice and Wolf remake coming this April. Can’t wait to watch them.

I’m currently on a mission to watch lot of older animes, because I always wanted to but never got around. One of them is Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995)! The Angels are amazing designs and I love it. Besides the infamous ending with the claps and a few Shinji’s downtimes, I enjoyed it very much.

Currently on my next watchlist is Berserk and Space Dandy, and a few Ghibli movies!