Accidentally reformatted hard drive!

I was wondering if that was possible, I was going to research that soon. This is good news indeed.

Oh, and ProtonDB is an amazing resource for anyone else wondering. EDIT: If you plan on or use Proton via Steam, please create an account for ProtonDB and submit reports.

Any chance you have any documentation on hand? If not, looks like it’s time for DuckDuckGo.
:star_struck:

2 Likes

Hold your horses! :sweat_smile:

Probably i was wrong (i remember it was possible, but i’m not so sure now)

However, there is stuff like that around the net:

You can experiment if you want, but still i think it’s better to use ext4 :slight_smile:

Any chance you have any documentation on hand? If not, looks like it’s time for DuckDuckGo.

I’m in the process of writing pure LInux guide, but not dual boot…I hate NTFS for a lot of reasons :upside_down_face:

If you plan on or use Proton via Steam, please create an account for ProtonDB and submit reports.

Indeed, it’s a very good resource!
Sadly not all reports are 100% correct a lot of times, some people doesn’t know few quirks here and there, so it’s a good idea to write a detailed report in such a case…

1 Like

That moment you realize there are no backups.

GCibceJ

6 Likes

I usually format on purpose because i don’t keep any backups. :roll_eyes:

Thanks for the response Sar. When I first started looking into Linux in April - The first thing I did was look how the gaming situation was progressing. I’ve been meaning to move to Linux for years, but I never did as I knew I’d struggle with Steam. This was the article I used. Which references EOS :wink::rocket: And after visiting this site and forum I knew EOS had to be the first Linux I installed

My research also meant I knew about the ext4 and the NTFS situation, so I was hoping to exclusively game on Linux and only game on Windows if I really have to.

1 Like

1,140 games!! That’s 1,000 more games than in my steam library :smile:

I have always wanted to play world of warcraft though. As its my kind of game (open world, RPG) But I know I’d get addicted if I installed it and I’d never get anything done!!

2 Likes

Yup Windows partition for non working steamplay games is a good tactic.

I haven’t done much emulation personally. Most I’ve done is emulate on android a few of my old Pokemon games (Red, Heartgold and Pearl) I have on gameboy and Nintendo DS/3DS. As I hated carrying my DS with me on holidays.

Your experiment seems likes a good idea though. Other than Lutris & Steamplay I was also thinking Gamehub looks like a good app to download for game mamagement. I really like its UI.

:joy::joy: Or the moment you realise when you clicked partition and hit apply. It applied it to the entire drive not the one partition!! :disappointed::tired_face:

2 Likes