A start job is running

Hello @juanprm I was just wondering if you have been able to get EndeavourOS installed again?

Not yet, with fastboot and secured boot no problems so far, but yes, i need to reinstall the OS.

So it is working then since turning off those? If it is working don’t rush to reinstall unless you want to or are having problems. It’s entirely up to you and if you want to secure erase your m.2 drive is also up to you. The Arch instructions for secure erase ATA are quite technical and you have to have hdparm installed also. It may not be necessary unless there is a reason you need to. Keep us in the loop as we are interested in amdgpu hardware issues also.

1 Like

Exactly, everythings works like a charm.

Yes, that’s pretty clear

Noticed!
Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Did you do anything other than turn of secure boot & fast boot such as the kernel & grub parameters that joekamprad suggested? Or did it just start working correctly after these two UEFI Bios settings were changed?

I only turn off secure and fast boot, i really don’t understand the thing with “Grub parameters”

this is my grub config at startup

The wiki says to add

quiet radeon.dpm=1 acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor amd_iommu=on ivrs_ioapic[4]=00:14.0 ivrs_ioapic[5]=00:00.2 idle=nomwait

Where i add those lines?

Another thing, the wiki says

You can also use kernel 5.1 without kernel parameters without hangups or bugs, you will just have to ignore the startup warning messages.

But after ten minutes, i got a freeze, and it keeps happend again and again, the only usable kernel at this laptop is the LTS. No freezes, no kernel panics, no problems.

Oh sorry i see lts you are using. I will let @joekamprad look at this and explain where to try the grub entries. I don’t want to misinform you.

They can be added to the variable GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT like you did before. Remember to run grub-mkconfig as before, and reboot.

Another thing: have you tried another kernel, linux? The log shows you are using the LTS kernel linux-lts.

I’m not sure that the kernel parameters were ever tried but i took it that a newer kernel was after 10 minutes freezing. But i’m not 100% on that.

[I only turn off secure and fast boot, i really don’t understand the thing with “Grub parameters”]

I mean, i switch to lastest kernel 5.2.9 and after ten minutes, i get a freeze, i reboot, after a few minutes, i got another freeze and when i restart, the system says kernel panic. Maybe should i try again with 5.2.9 but adding the parameters to the grub?

Should i replace all the quiet resume UUID… with the lines on the arch wiki or i add those lines after (quiet UUID…etc)?

No, simply add them to the variable value (inside quotes).

It may be useful to test with both kernels if the parameters help.

Update:

Everything was working great so far, unfortunately i have to come back to Windows because i have a project in .NET Core, in a few weeks when the project it’s over i’ll be returning to this great iso.

Looks like it was a problem with the kernel and a bad configuration on my side.

Thank you so much for the help! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: