A little warning for new users who installed Deepin

TL;DR
Hope I’m not suggesting anything unrelated or obvious…
But changing the wallpaper should work like this:

dconf write /com/deepin/wrap/gnome/desktop/background/picture-uri "'$pic'"

where $pic is a variable containing the full path to a picture file.

Does it still work that way now that most of the gnome stuff has been removed from deepin and it is based on kwin?

I am sorry you were disturbed. Please don’t waste your time on my posts. Deepin always gets me in trouble :joy:

I am switching to another DE.

2 Likes

Why?, snaps until I understand you but flatpaks?
At least the flatpaks are here to help me and I like that

I just like the AUR better that’s all. If i have a choice i prefer flatpaks over snaps. But I prefer the AUR on Arch.

2 Likes

Same for me, except I outright refuse to use snaps. :slight_smile:

When I want to install a program, this is the order in which I look for it:

Official repos > AUR > Building manually from source code > AppImage > Flatpak

3 Likes

I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled (multiple times) and spent a long time setting up over the past few days. I finally have it fully stable in a VM. The only issues I have remaining are the “failure to start kernel module” errors on startup (that don’t seem to impact anything except causing startup to take a while) and a bunch of missing app icons in the app drawer from apps installed after the original install. I did need to install one app (kdenlive) as a snap to get it working when the one in the repo would look like it was going to open and then do nothing. For the foreseeable future, I will keep it as my regular use VM. It might eventually become a DD for me if the Elementary OS devs keep dragging a$$ releasing 6.0 since 5.1 is my current DD.

1 Like

As long as you don’t mind the fact that something new will be broken every time it updates you should be in good shape. :laughing:

7 Likes