A little joke on a regular day

2 Likes

Beef, beef & pork, pork & chicken Corn Dogs==Tolerable.
Turkey Dogs==Inedible Bird Dildos

1 Like

It’s the opposite for me. It’s more difficult to write in block letters. Cursive is much easier. Then again, 99% of the time I type :slight_smile:

Yeah, I don’t write cursive ever. I kinda remember how, but when I write I want people to be able to read it, so I print instead. Besides that most documents all say “please print only” and honestly as an adult outside of writing down a note that’s the only time I am going to write anything is on some document I have to fill out.

But yes I remember TVs with dials on it, and it was what we had most of my early childhood and even what I had in my bedroom up until I was a teen(I had to use an adapter to go from coax to rca to play my video games), My grandmother was probably the first person I remember with a remote for her tv, and it was this big honkin brick sized thing that only had a number pad, volume and power.
s-l1600

4 Likes

Zen doesn’t make it arch based lol.

Normally for people it’s the other way round. Interesting…

Then again cursive is almost never used from my experience.

I was the first remote on my family’s TV.
Get up and go to TV.
Turn knob to desired station. Then wiggle, wiggle, the knob until the picture was clear. Maybe flick it with your finger nail.
Go back and sit down.

On Saturday night, no one had to tell me anything, I knew the programs watched in sequence. I would just get up and change the channel.

BTW, in the late fifties to middle sixties, there was 5 VHF channels available, and one UHF channel IF one had a TV with a UHF tuner. If an airplane flew overhead, major static until it passed.

Pudge

Edit:
I forgot. Every two months pull all the vacuum tubes and take them to the drug store. Use the tube tester on every tube, then buy replacements for the vacuum tubes that failed.

8 Likes

Those were the days… :wink:

2 Likes

But pacman does…

1 Like

The oldest type of remote whoch I had used was of the grandfather’s old TV. The TV was black and white, with remote being like a knob at right panel. Volume control was provided with mixer, from which we can change bass, volume level, etc.
In that TV, we need to adjust the antenna :satellite: by going on roof to get the signal.

This feels similar to older radios :radio:.

1 Like

Do some research on the difference between cursive, block, and capital letters in the legal system. It’s particular and has different meanings on official documents.

1 Like

My first remote control was a long cane with the first upgrade being a pivot in the middle to assist with accurate poking of the buttons…

Kids today don’t know they’re born.

The fastest writer I ever met was a printer - and his writing looked a lot like it had been printed in a 14 pixel font. I dearly wish I’d never been taught cursive.

3 Likes

1 Like

12 Likes

3 Likes

So google sent me this out of the blue in my inbox. No context, no idea why. I think this makes for a good joke anyway.
sc-220809-211212

4 Likes

A truly Smart TV.

A remote control with TV diagnostic and preventive maintenance. That sounds fancy. :grin:

2 Likes

When I was 3 or 4 my parents brought home a Philco color TV–the first color TV on our block. It was a huge thing with a stained wood cabinet & cloth covered speakers. Rabbit ears sat on top. We got exactly ONE color program per week–Batman. Had to make sure the Philco was switched on early though due to the long warm-up. The sound came on quick enough but the picture started out as a single bright dot, which spread out into a horizontal bar of light, then eventually a full but unstable “rolling” picture. After a few minutes though we were treated to Batman & Robin in spectacular color which my dad always touched up using the numerous little adjustment knobs along the bottom of the cabinet. Pop was an artist at his easel. Batman was his masterpiece! When a tube failed my father pulled out the one that wasn’t glowing and took it to Rexall Drugs. He bought a new tube and had the thing running again in a Jiffy. I remember the little group of neighborhood kids quietly crowding into our family room once a week at the magical hour to see Batman & Robin in all their over-saturated glory.

5 Likes

They decided to remind my birthday was coming up this year, I don’t really need reminding of it - it’s the same date every year so far

3 Likes

5 Likes