Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15.6 Ryzen edition touchpad sometimes doesn't work

Friend of mine advised to try hw-probe, i was able to detect model of touchpad:

2 Likes

Yes acpi_backlight=video should be good.

I would definitely try some of these other parameters.

i8042.nopnp
i8042.reset
i8042.noloop
i8042.nomux

your the one with running linux-lts kernel ?

I have tried @manuel s advice of using i8042.reset and it’s looking good so far, i want to give it little more time to see if it’s not just dumb luck of random :game_die:

Or maybe it was kernel update :thinking:

@ringo
Not sure i follow your question :slight_smile:
Yes i run linux-lts kernel as mentioned in op, but i’ve tried usual one right after installation it still had that problem.

2 Likes

I had mentioned also to try those kernel parameters above. Does this mean the trackpad is recognized now and working?

1 Like

@ricklinux as far as I understood the issue described by OP the trackpad was being discovered except on some random occasions.

1 Like

Okay so it wasn’t not working entirely just not discovered randomly. But i take it now it seems to continue to be discovered and working. :wink:

@ricklinux
That is true and thank you, but it was a little random and without proper context + documentation given by @manuel i have missed the important part about it :wink:

So far so good, and @nate is correct it was random on boot.

But if you mean do i see it with:

inxi -J --no-host
lsusb
lspci

the answer is still no…
But i think that shouldn’t be problem, as long as it actually works and continue to work 100% of time, right? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Since you mentioned in your original post you used i8042.noaux i assumed you would know how to use the other kernel parameters i mention both for the backlight issue and the track pad. That’s why i just listed them and said maybe try each one of these to see if one would work. I use the acpi_backlight=video myself on an HP just to rid the error message. I don’t believe my HP has backlit keyboard to begin with.

2 Likes

Keybaord backlight is BLOAT!!!1111 :rofl:
Besides, it makes Greta unhappy…and you don’t want to do that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My two lenovos have them and they work great right out of the box. Lights when it boots and you can turn it off or on with FN + spacebar. No issues. Of course uses more battery but one would only use it when it’s a darker environment i would think.

2 Likes

No, i knew how to apply Kernel parameters from wiki, but i was weary on knowing what exactly they represent… :relaxed:

Seems like touchpad still works good, hopefully it will stay that way! :partying_face:
Thanks everyone for your help and warm welcome, and thx @ricklinux for helping remove the backlight error :kissing_heart:

It’s great community! :enos: :enos_flag:

4 Likes

Aaaaaand it randomly happened again! :grimacing: :laughing:

So…I guess only time will fix it then?

You could try some of the other kernel parameters also. They either work or introduce another issue by which you can just remove it then.

i8042.nopnp

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.