XFCE theming gnome apps issue

I am experiencing an annoying issue with XFCE that I don’t know were to start debugging.
I am using gnome-calculator but it has a dark themed results display window. So that i can barely make out the results (see below pic bottom right).
All my themes are light themes and no other app (as far as I can tell) seems to be affected.

I’ve even logged in to gnome and checked the settings there, but everything is light-themed there too.

This has worked up til recently when i have removed all gnome apps accidentally, then reinstalled just a few of them back, including gnome-calculator.

Any idea where this app could be taking its appearance from?

The GTK folks are f-ing things up at the moment when it comes to enforced themeing (and other issues), and they’re changing things constantly, so even if you find a solution today it might not work tomorrow. I just had a discussion about this with a disgruntled Arch-using firend, and she was NOT happy.

Sorry, no solution other than avoiding GTK.

You can look in .config/gtk-3.0 and see if there is a settings file that is affecting gnome-calculator.

Alternatively, you can try galculator – a calculator app that, IMHO, is better than gnome-calculator.

I would set gtk theme to adwaita to see if it results the same

1 Like