XFCE not saving samba passwords?

I just installed the latest endeavoros with offline xfce and am having trouble with it keeping passwords.

I have some samba shares that I want to connect to and it works great. I do the normal smb://ipaddresstoserver then put in the username and password and have it save it forever option in thunar.

I can browse and do what I need to. Then after I restart the computer I have to enter all the info in again because it wont’ save the username and password even though I selected save forever.

Any ideas?

Needs gnome-keyring.

yay -S gnome-keyring

Then log-in again and it should save.

Edit: you may need to open “Session and Startup” and tick the box for “Launch GNOME services on startup” under the advanced tab and reboot.

1 Like

This usually always solved the problem but not this time, I have a fresh install of xfce and the gnome-keyring package doesn’t solve the problem (I also enabled loading gnome services on startup in the advanced tab).

Any idea why I can’t solve it?

Please start a new thread and not dig up an old thread that is completly out of Date. We no longer offer XFCE as an OFFline install. KDE is now the default DE.

Okay, sorry.