XFCE edition, whisker menu default hotkey

Hi guys

I just like to propose that the standard installation of EOS XFCE edition come with a default hotkey for opening the whisker menu. This will allow for a faster way to launch applications - as you can then just hist start typing the name of the application and press enter.

It’s done in " Settings -> Keyboard -> Application Shortcuts " then ADD, the command is " xfce4-popup-whiskermenu " and then select the hotkey to use.
My suggestion would be to use the SuperKey/WinKey

Rhode

<property name="&lt;Alt&gt;F1" type="string" value="xfce4-popup-whiskermenu"/>

what is per default… but it is so that xfce overwrites some settings on first startup… from xdg files…

Im not sure I understood your answer. By default I mean that it should be set to a default (agreed upon) key when its just installed.

I think what @joekamprad is referring to is that it is already set up as default Alt + F1? I just tried it on my Xfce install and it works. I guess you are proposing you would like to see it as the Windows key?

yes i was not that verbose here :pensive:
We have the hotkey set to [Alt+F1] the code line i was posting is from the file where this is saved:

~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml

1 Like