Winegstreamer unimplemented error

Hey there guys, just switched from Manjaro about 2 weeks ago…

I have an issue related to wine, this exact same setup did work fine on manjaro, but on eos i’m getting the following error on some games when running them with wine-ge:

05e8:fixme:ddraw:ddraw7_Initialize Ignoring guid {00000000-0003-0000-0000-000000000000}.
05e8:err:module:DelayLoadFailureHook failed to delay load winegstreamer.dll.winegstreamer_create_video_decoder
wine: Call from 000000007B0124EE to unimplemented function winegstreamer.dll.winegstreamer_create_video_decoder, aborting
wine: Unimplemented function winegstreamer.dll.winegstreamer_create_video_decoder called at address 000000007B0124EE (thread 05e8), starting debugger...
05d0:fixme:win:GetWindowPlacement not fully supported on other process window 00000000000100BC.

Now, i do remember having many of these annoying gstreamer related errors but iirc i managed to make them go away by installing pretty much all gstreamer packages, unfortunately some of them are failing to compile from AUR, other have a dependency hell to build manually and some are throwing errors that i don’t know how to fix…

is anyone having a similar issue? i doesn’t look like from what i could find online…

What game are you trying to play, and does it work regardless of those errors?

its red dead redemption 2 using legendary, it used to work just fine on manjaro about 1 or 2 months ago.

[quote=“Smokus, post:2, topic:38420”]
and does it work regardless of those errors?
[/quote]
no it doesn’t, i’m actually starting to think its dxvk that is causing these issues, or rather the latest version.

my setup is very simple, clean prefix, launch rdr2 through legendary using lutris 7-2-2 which is the wine version i remember working previously.

however i do need dxvk otherwise the rockstar launcher crashes and doesn’t let me input my email/password.

i just tried using an older dxvk version 1.10.3 and it didn’t present the Winegstreamer error message but its showing a different unimplement function error unimplemented function ADVAPI32.dll.PerfOpenQueryHandle…

i’m just confused now lol, i never had these issues before…

EDIT: nevermind, i spend all day trying to figure this out and it turned out to be DXVK/VKD3D, like anyone else i would imagine, i was using the latest version of both, downgrading to DXVK 1.10.3 and VKD3D 2.6 prevented the winegstreamer unimplemented error and game launches now, i’m going to test it further to see where this issues begins,…

@Smokus thanks for taking the time in replying anyways :slight_smile: