Win bootable USB doesn't work

Hey everyone,

the bootable Windows USB stick doesn’t work. It shows the following error message:

Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

You are not on a windows support forum. This is probably the place you’re looking for:

The stick was created with EndeavourOS and is for an additional dual boot option.

So what? You can’t expect support here for every operating system under the sun.

1 Like

Maybe someone would have known. The notebook was delivered with Win11 before the EndeavourOS was installed on it, and also bootet normally with it. Anyway, just delete the topic…

Use Ventoy.
It can boot up a Windows ISO if that is what you have in mind.

I think it depends on how you created the usb stick for Windows. It’s best to do it from Windows using the tools provided. One is the Windows 11 installation assistant. There are 3 different methods.

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

3 methods

Ventoy is not a tool i personally recommend but it can work also. It is just not my preference.

Edit: As @pebcak said you can use ventoy to boot a Windows ISO so you could also just download the Windows ISO and boot it using that method.

Edit: The other method creates a bootable Windows ISO on USB.

Thank you both for the tips. The Media Creation Tool did the trick and it’s working now :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.