Will it be safe to update to Gnome 41 when it's released?

I’ve posted almost over 50 different topics now in this community. Now that’s not a lot mind you, but talking about all of them here is a bit outside the scope of this topic, which specifically relates to gdm-prime and Gnome 41 only. But you are more than welcome to read the lists of the topics I have posted to gather an idea of what bugs I have come across, and also some topics where I’m
just learning the basics.

For that follow this link:
[ https://forum.endeavouros.com/u/scotty_trees/activity/topics ]

As I stated previously here on post #16

Now, IF you said it was a mistake to use btrfs, pipewire, or wayland for example, then I’d be inclined to agree with you as these technologies aren’t yet 100% production ready. However, suggesting to not use an LTS kernel? I’ve personally seen the LTS kernel fix many users issues here and on other distros. I myself have experienced less issues on an LTS kernel on average than compared to the mainline kernel. As @jonathon stated, it’s a perfectly acceptable option to use the LTS kernel. Last I checked distros like Ubuntu, Elementary, Linux Mint, etc use the LTS kernel by default and I highly doubt that is a mistake on their part since the LTS kernel offers the most stability as well as the longest support cycle. If the mainline kernel works best for your system that’s great, but for users with older hardware or the need for extra support, the LTS kernel is a fine choice.

1 Like