Will Gnome's Version switch over from Updates?

Hi All,

New to EndeavourOS and really loving it. I just switched from Fedora after using that for over a year, I’ve always wanted to try Arch and EOS with its installer and NVIDIA script seemed very helpful, so I went with that, I might have tried Manjaro, but I could never get Manjaro to work on my hardware.

I’m on EOS with Gnome, so my question is, as the updates come in, will Gnome just switch to 43 at some point as I normally update my system and packages or do I have to do something special to switch the gnome version each time?

Yes. EOS is rolling so you will automatically get updated through your normal updates.

There is no need to do anything special.

1 Like

Awesome.

I knew about the rolling part, but I wondered if that was for everything, been researching and reading on how to keep everything updated, and it just seems like yay is my best friend.

I’ve already setup all my apps, have learned/am learning how to use the aur, the wiki, etc. Steam and Proton GE are up and I’m just so happy lol.

1 Like

Welcome to the EndeavourOS forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.

I am glad that everything is working out for you installation wise.

Pudge

1 Like

I generally explain it that - Arch just is. It only exists in the right now. If you install now, you’ll get a (slightly) different system if you install again tomorrow as some updates will have happened.

I would start here:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Already saw it.

1 Like