Wi-Fi Speed Cut In Half After Installation Compared To Live-USB

I did add nohwcrypt as mentioned here:

But I will gladly try again with ps_enable too.

Just to make sure: The correct path is /etc/modprobe.d/ath9k.conf not /etc/modprob.d/ath9k.conf right?

1 Like

Yes, sorry if i had a typo?

In regards to the bluetooth. Have you tried modprobe ath9k btcoex_enable=1

According to Linux Wireless.

Enabling bluetooth coexistence

Bluetooth coexistence has to be manually enabled when loading ath9k by setting the btcoex_enable module parameter. I am not sure if this is the chip you have exactly.

http://linuxwireless.sipsolutions.net/en/users/Drivers/ath9k/btcoex/

Edit: The new site is here.

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/ath9k

1 Like

Well, that worked out quiet well. My speed is now up to a stable 31Mbps. It’s not as fast as the live-session, but faster than before and seems more stable too, so thanks for that. I added it to my ath9k.conf :ok_hand: :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe bluetooth is at the core of my problem, as it is disabled by default on the live-session. I had to install some packages and enable it manually after installation too.

I’m glad this worked. There are so many different chips used out there and different manufacturers. I like to look at the hardware and know what chip the device is using and go from there. Some WIFi have integrated Bluetooth as yours and this is a single band 2.4 Ghz. Others have both 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz Sometimes it is a matter of trial and error. :wink:

Edit: Bluetooth wasn’t being turned on by default In EndeavourOS and the packages had to be installed. Now i think the Bluetooth packages are there but not activated?

I was curious and just deactivated my Bluetooth. The speed is now up at ~40Mbps as the live session. So I guess my chip has to split up between the two services a little in general, but enabling coexisting did help a lot. So, I think I’m going with this. Thanks a lot :heart:

1 Like

Your welcome. I agree with that analogy as it has to share across the signal band and also consume power at the same time.

So, I think we are done here now. Thanks to you all very much :slightly_smiling_face:
I will leave my ath9k.conf here for others to find and mark this as solved :ok_hand:

My ath9k.conf saved at /etc/modprobe.d/

## ath9k (Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter)

## Available Parameters ( /sbin/modinfo ath9k | grep ^parm: )
#
# debug:            Debugging mask (uint)
# nohwcrypt:        Disable hardware encryption (int)
# blink:            Enable LED blink on activity (int)
# led_active_high:  Invert LED polarity (int)
# btcoex_enable:    Enable wifi-BT coexistence (int)
# bt_ant_diversity: Enable WLAN/BT RX antenna diversity (int)
# ps_enable:        Enable WLAN PowerSave (int)
# use_chanctx:      Enable channel context for concurrency (int)
# use_msi:          Use MSI instead of INTx if possible (int)

## Suggested settings
#
# nohwcrypt=1
# btcoex_enable=0
# ps_enable=0

## Seen elsewhere

## Active Options
options ath9k nohwcrypt=1 btcoex_enable=1 ps_enable=0
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.