Why no LXDE category…?

Yes I have internet connection via a dongle which gives around 400kiB/s when updating EnOS. It costs me 8 uk pounds for 10G data per month. I can also use my Pixel phone with GrapheneOS to tether a 4G connection on a different network. Works great in most of uk – even in remote places inside our MotorHome or on the beach or mountain.

When I first attempted to install EnOS the online version just hung for twenty minutes without any sign of progress. :frowning_face: After three repeats of the process I gave up and swiftly installed the offline Xfce standard install without any problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is why I say that I have never seen the screenshots from you guys shown on this thread. :face_with_monocle:

My own research shows as the Doktor points out you can add LXDE over the top of Xfce and then delete Xfce – however I am nervous of doing this as there are prominent disclaimers warning of the dangers if you proceed with that command. Better do some backing up first and find out if I need to remove the welcome panel window first.

Would be great to experience the speed and efficiency of Trisquel-mini LXDE again under Endeavour’s version of Arch rather than Trisquel’s version of lubuntu.

Just wipe it out and install Lxde! Problem solved! :smile:

1 Like

So you want me to create an offline install for LXDE for you :cd: :bird:
Or is the poem continuous in the endless manner of the minstrel?

1 Like

No way Doktor - thanks so much for your useful comments thus far. Would not presume to ask for such. Need to do some backing up before I try and install over the top of Xfce.

Hey - what is Top of the Pops minstrel chart? :chart_with_upwards_trend: :guitar:
Now let me guess - take a shot in the dark
I :heart: Love Plasma - What a Yawn :yawning_face: - Did I strike the right Note :musical_note:
Look at those wooly things :sheep: :ram: :sheep: :ram: :sheep: :ram: packed in so tight :wink:

Asked and answered :+1:

But what if someone quotes the ignored entity? Won’t it be visible then? What then? Scream, “my eyes, my eyes!”? Watch Clockwork Orange until the pain subsides?

1 Like

If I wanted to request a new category I’d probably have posted in https://forum.endeavouros.com/c/forum-website/forum/91 with a basic and concise “Please create an LXDE category”.

6 Likes

No, the quote will be hidden too. Feel free to add me to your “Ignored” list to test it out.

Sit back, nibble on some Chocolate Orange, and enjoy time not being wasted by nonsense :chocolate_bar: :tangerine:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.