Why is yay complaining about EOS packages?

Hi,

Every time I run yay it complains about missing packages:

Missing AUR Packages:  endeavouros-keyring  endeavouros-mirrorlist  eos-hooks  eos-packagelist  eos-plasma-sddm-config  grub-tools  grub2-theme-endeavouros  yad-eos

I on purpose removed all EOS pacakges and delete the entry about Endeavouros mirror in pacman.conf, but I still get the warning. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

This is just a guess, are those packages still on your system? If so it will be reporting them as missing as they are fromthe EndeavourOS Repo

How do I check that?

How did you do so? If you removed them yay wouldn’t be telling you that you still have them.

But if you remove the mirror from your pacman.conf it will assume since they are not in the repos they are missing from the AUR.

3 Likes

pacman -Qe

guess missed some :wink:

3 Likes

Just run
sudo pacman -R endeavouros-keyring endeavouros-mirrorlist eos-hooks eos-packagelist eos-plasma-sddm-config grub-tools grub2-theme-endeavouros yad-eos
to get rid of the packages and the warning.

1 Like

Do your friends on the Arch Forum know you’ve cheated like this to install Arch? :rofl:

11 Likes

you can make a pizza from scratch, including the dough, or you can just get a decent ready made and add ground pepper…

I feel like archinstall would have been easier than ripping stuff out of a distro lol.

4 Likes

Just don’t try to pawn it off as authentic New York pizza. . .

4 Likes