Why is systemd hated so much?

Hi all,

I have seen some Linux distributions being systemd “free”, and some people hating on systemd and use distros like Void.

What is wrong with systemd? I don’t see any reason why systemd should be avoided.

We just had this exact same topic a few days ago. Normally, I would link it to you here, but I want you to learn how to search the forum. Go and find it, please, it’s a good exercise! :rofl:

5 Likes

Ok then, I’m not lazy to search the forums! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@Kresimir, there, found it. I saw your reply. I think I’ll close this thread as I found an answer.

3 Likes

I don’t think systemd is hated - but those who cannot adjust - are very vocal about it :grin:

And for me - I couldn’t get my head wrapped on sysvinit and what not - so systemd is as simple as it gets.

5 Likes

I would close it these type of threads cause flame wars

For what its worth I had the same problems as you with sysinit everything thrown all over the system it felt like devs just said can’t be bothered with this and chucked the whole init system over there shoulder and the components just stayed wherever they landed.

6 Likes

Done :slight_smile:

For reference, here is the link to the other topic if someone wants to continue the conversation.

3 Likes