Which process monitor do you use?

or do not install pip… and wait till package gets updated on the repo… instead of installing something in a way you are not using …

4 Likes

Yup, I’m a conky -addict for monitoring my systems, and that’s beautiful!

Would you mind sharing your code for that conky? I’m curious how you implement some of those features/ layouts, especially in the processors + temp + storage section …

1 Like

you are simply a conkist :wink:

3 Likes

The actual ‘connections’ to the information are normal enough - but the look is all down to the conkywx library of goodies (AUR) - set of mostly lua based extensions that also provide the weather. Same guy maintains conky-cairo for sensible lua integration…

1 Like

Don’t think I am ready to be a conkyst-ador just yet.
Maybe that should be a word :thinking:

1 Like

thx @joekamprad, @dalto :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

While I love conky, it pulls me into a tweak-fest where I never seem to stop. lol

2 Likes

Conky here too…I build them/use them & post on GnomeLook.org–I have about 20 different ones I’ve posted–the highest rated one is: https://www.pling.com/p/1337738/

1 Like

I use btop or bpytop. Terminal-based, good UI, configurable, and low resource usage.

3 Likes

I mostly use htop, sometimes ps.

1 Like

quite some eye candy you’ve got going on there @freebird54
Must gave taken some time :+1:

1 Like

I keep hearing about conky. Sure beats my barren desktop space.

desktop 2022-03-30 06-24-00

1 Like

Me too.
I am having no issues with Glances v3.2.4 with PsUtil v5.9.0

1 Like

Evisum

I mostly use htop on every newly installed machine.

None tbh. :expressionless: Am I a bad people now because I’m not interested in such geeky stuffz?
I guess I had htop installed on another machine, looked at it once, mumbled something in my imaginary neckbeard, closed it and never looked at it again.

But if you insist, I just installed htop:

htop

And? Pray tell, what am I sposed to see there?

That shows that your system is running fine.

For me, I would only use a process monitor like htop if things weren’t running fine. In that case, the process monitor can help you figure out what it wrong.

4 Likes

I agree. I don’t believe in running something like that all the time just to make my desktop look interesting. If it’s going to be a hot summer, I’ll only run sensors on another desktop to check the temperatures, but that’s not absolutely necessary because my computer is very well cooled.

1 Like

Best terminal based process monitor I have found https://github.com/aristocratos/btop

1 Like

Thank you.I kinda knew it already since it’s Manjaro, so nothing can really go wrong. :+1: