Which mail client do you use on Android?

I tried Bluemail last time. What I didn’t like is that the automatic mailbox settings aren’t right for the well-known free webmail. I’m still using Google on my phone, so I kept searching and found this. Pretty fair, it also has a SPAM filter.

Thanks @zoli62!
I took a brief look at Email. It seems pretty invasive with 9 trackers and 43 permissions:
Email
click x 2 :blush:

For my more sensitive stuff, I use ProtonMail. I’ve also go ProtonMail Bridge on my PC so I can use it with Evolution.

2 Likes

Where can you check what you have described? And this app has received some pretty good reviews on Google Play. Well, the permissions required are bad, because if you don’t allow some, the program won’t work properly. In the meantime, I found another one, though this has been suggested for iOS, but it also exists for Android.

1 Like

I have a Protonmail account. It’s a shame that the free version doesn’t handle more than one mailbox

Thanks @zoli62 for app suggestion!
I’ll have a look.

Here >> https://exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/

There is also an app with the same name that you can install and run to check for trackers and permissions for your installed applications. You can find it on F-Droid but I am not sure if it is on Play Store as well.

Another site for application check: https://search.appcensus.io/

1 Like

Thank you, this is a useful page. That’s what I found last time.

1 Like

Here is the link to Exodus app on F-Droid if you are interested:

I couldn’t find it on Play Store. I was under the impression that I had seen it there as well but I might have the wrong impression :wink:

1 Like

There is no such application, hmm.

No, not on Play Store but on F-Droid.

Sorry, I was looking for Exodus Privacy in the Google Play Store and couldn’t find it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You will, of course, never find a app like this on the Playstore :wink:

1 Like

Well, it’s a company and although they are partially funded by a non-profit foundation they need to make money. Protonmail is one if the most secure services out there and you can use it for free with some limitations. Same for their VPN. I think that’s pretty fair! Remember, usually when the product is free, you are the product. Proton is one of the few exceptions here.

However, the github page links to the Play Store. https://github.com/Exodus-Privacy/exodus-android-app/ :slight_smile:

Well, yeah, but:

Screenshot_20211027-173307

Maybe they managed to get it on the Playstore for a while until Google realized what the app does. I’m pretty sure Google doesn’t want you to know which and how many trackers apps have since they make money from this.

Yes, I have discovered it before and I use Protonmail, I find it a very sympathetic initiative, I think similarly to what you described in your previous post. It is true that, of course, the main purpose of the application is not to manage several mailboxes, as it also has to favor its own developments,

1 Like

Obviously so, I also experienced in the Apple Store that it disappeared e.g. is a system cleaning application that was a Trend Micro development, by the way, because it collected data in such a way that Safari 's browsing history was, so to speak, simply “stolen”, it simply disappeared. This was especially inconvenient for the Japanese company, and it was legitimate to remove the app from the store, although Apple also reacted slowly. There is a big difference between the two cases, although that application was free but obviously not open source.

I checked the K-9 Mail. All right, only Google doesn’t like it, I think you need to create a unique app password in your Google Account with active 2-step verification, or enable less secure apps.