Which laptop would be better?

It could’ve been much, much, much worse if you’d prioritized vim over kate. Because then you might have ended up with a malfunctioning home row.

1 Like

Due to the corporate policy, I am not at liberty to either confirm or deny that.

:frog: *burp.*

2 Likes

I have an elite book 8470p with upgraded ram I think not sure, it still preforms great it runs endeavour os I3wm. They are quite cheap, a little bulky but I got mine second hand from a company and it has been used ever since. Keep in mind you might have to get an ssd or battery replacement depending on where you buy it. In general though I feel older laptops will always have better build quality and last you way longer.

1 Like

You have my answer in detail, in the Garuda Forum.

You appear quite insecure.

2 Likes

Personally I avoid HP like the plague. In the past they were good but right around 2005 they slipped and after that they have been a consistent pile of hot garbage, went through three laptop in three years. Can’t recommend Dell Laptops (Servers are a different story), they have poor wear on parts, and every single one has terrible throttling issues. The fans are almost always going hard enough for it to sound like a constant windstorm ramping up to jet engine, and this is while under no real significant load. Having it in a laptop stand helps. Additionally the captured keyboards on most Dell Latitudes are a nightmare to replace. If you decide to go Dell stick to latitude or precision, the rest of the lineup is even worse. I still recommend Thinkpads for used laptops over any other. Even the new ones are miles ahead of the competition as an overall package. Still have both of my old Thinkpads now 12 years old and 6 years old and they still run great.

A 12,5’’ display is rather small. I would not want to work on such a small display. This laptop is certainly good for travel because it is small and light weight. But for home office use?

I would go for a 14’’ display.

The next question is: refurbished yes or no. The refurbished 14’’ laptop in your list is just 30 USD cheaper than the new one. It has the better CPU but that would not convince me.

I would go for a new HP ProBook 840 G1 14’ Inch, Intel Core i7-4600u , 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD

You might be right :confused:

Even though laptops that have better hinges are closer to 1000 bucks for around 250 I’ve seen plenty of Lenovo ideapads and acer aspire laptops on the market…

I’m still deciding what I’d go for, but ideapad pros always seemed like a solid choice

Is weird a bit cuz everyone on Reddit recommended these HP series, but apparently they’re not as good as they seemed

Well, I might hunt a new acer or ideapad

I’d probably have to get something like this if I were to get something new

Or this

https://www.emag.ro/laptop-acer-aspire-3-a315-510p-cu-procesor-intelr-coretm-i3-n305-pana-la-3-8-ghz-15-6-full-hd-8gb-ddr5-256gb-ssd-intelr-uhd-graphics-no-os-silver-nx-kdhex-010/pd/DM61PGMBM/?utm_campaign=share_product&utm_source=mobile_dynamic_share&utm_medium=android

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.