When everything goes wrong

Still ends up taking as long as 30-40min for me on a 100/20 connection unfortunately. I may end up just building my own ISO specifically for GNOME so i can offline install quickly when needed

Now the guy is attacking Gnome 40.

1 Like

Another high-maintenance and provocative read. As well as his newest review of “Garuda-Linux”. Good for starting flamewars…

1 Like

it is what hes good at lol

1 Like

I think he and his blog should be ignored in the future. Its best to stay away from negative people.

3 Likes

It is quite clear that I was right.
He is either faking his competence, or he is faking his outrage.

If he really have had a Linux blog since the mid 20s he should be absolutely aware how Xfce functions and how Gnome 3 functions and the different design philosophies behind both.
Imagine a Windows blogger that had been blogging since 2005 being surprised that version W10 2009 is basically the same as W10 1909…

4 Likes

Here’s something nice!
Have you ever installed Arch from her iso/installer script? I had once, on one of the older machines. I don’t have the laptop anymore. She left when she was 73 and left a farewell pdf. Here, you’d read a bit about the history of Arch installer scripts.
She also writes books. Her facebook page.

1 Like

Clickbait. And it almost worked for me. Best to ignore and let them fade to obscurity than fan the flames and line the pockets.

1 Like

There are like 1% stuff that I personally agree with from the review of Endeavour and Garuda.

More important thing is that I need to learn from them how to rant about an otherwise good piece of software. I’m simply amazed.

4 Likes

dont follow bad examples lol, we need better role models not worse :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Haha I don’t plan to rant on good technology.

Back in school days I used to read a tech magazine. It had a section where they used to rant about stupid tech or the legitimate downsides of popular devices. It meant no harm. Just informed you about real stuff in a more humorous way. :slightly_smiling_face:

What is about this patched arc-gtk-theme ?

sudo pacman -S arc-gtk-theme-eos

5 Likes