What's your experience with a ThinkCentre nano-PC?

I am considering buying a ThinkCentre M75n nano-PC with an AMD RYZEN CPU. The main appeal to me is that it ships without an OS, at least over here in The Netherlands, unlike the Intel version that ships with Windows 11.
My question is how is your experience with the ThinkCentre, I’m particularly interested in how the BIOS/EFI/firmware updates are managed.

The only downside is soldered ram :frowning:

For the use case, I am going to use it, as a plex server at home and a “smart device” for my “dumb” tv in my bedroom, I’m not too bothered with that one. :wink:
I’m just looking for a more energy-saving alternative to my old HP tower that does the job currently.

1 Like

Just use the RPi 4b you have coming! :roll_eyes:

Pudge

2 Likes

This is the alternative option, it seems that the company I have that store credit with, will not receive any Raspberry Pi’s in the near future. They emailed me about this, hence this alternative option.

1 Like

try if you can get an odroid n2+(already supported by :enos: arm) or any rk3399 based sbc (kernel support there, onlyneed to figure out bootloader)

The issue here is that I bought a product in the past, which I returned because it wasn’t any good for my (well our back then) use-case.
So, they gave me a store credit and at that time they were dealer of the Raspberry Pi, so I ordered one.
After being in backorder for months now, they emailed me with the message I described above.
They don’t sell Odroid devices, so I want to get this thing over and done with. I wasn’t pleased about the store credit in the first place and there are a lot of rules to using that credit.
So, I thought with a small additional cost, this ThinkCentre could be the purchase to “get rid” of that store credit, which is going to expire soon.

2 Likes