What video player do you use?

I now have smplayer, mpv & celluloid. Thanks! :ear:t3: :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Used to use VLC, but unfortunately it became buggy and lagged.
I’m using Parole now if needed.

I have tried Celluloid just now and it shows me the same stuttering picture as VLC does…
Parole runs smooth…

mplayer —> :video_camera:

vlc & mpv.

I am a simple man. Just MPV. Never understood the need to a more advanced gui than that.

2 Likes

For just looking at stuff, qimgv opens my pictures qtav player is great for video, however I think mpv looks slicker and it’s my default - I’m not a big fan of UI’s that need me to drag a pointer and click.

For watching stuff, I use Plex Media Player - because it works best with the server. Video’s downloaded to my SSD folder pop up in ‘New’ within a few seconds in Plex - so easily watched on any device in the house - good when you’re watching something and need to take a dump.

1 Like

using celluloid, but i don’t care much. Used totem and vlc as well in the past…

I have not used VLC on any OS for… god, 10 years? On Windows I use MPC, on Linux MPV.

2 Likes

mplayer if I need to watch something on my computer itself, but otherwise I put everything on my Plex.

3 Likes

Parole

I use VLC because I’m so used to it, and I know its ins and outs.

2 Likes

I use VLC

2 Likes

I had headaches figuring out how to get MPV to passthrough audio some time ago, I had to edit the config and add items manually… only VLC seemed to have the ability to do it via settings.

2 Likes