What makes Arch Linux different from all other distributions?

On this forum, it must not happen that you may receive disparaging comments for asking any self-explanatory question online. On the other hand, the boundary between ontopic and offtopic is interpreted quite flexibly

If you are in a real conversation, does it always stay on the same subject?

Isn’t the behavior in this forum more social than in others? Isn’t a more horizontal structure not better than a vertical? Isn’t it more respectful?

Sometimes the off-topic became more helpful than the initial question, even for the threat opener.

So lets have fun together :wink:

To keep it a litte on topic: this is one of the best differences between endeavourOS and other distros.
How does vanilla Arch in that way?

Pls. do NOT open another threat against anywhom! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Indeed, one question can lead to another. Only on other forums do you find that they strictly stick to posts that are closely related to the topic. When this community was created, it was different from the others. You can also ask questions that may be related to other distributions, so they won’t take your head off, unlike on other forums. So the great strength of EndeavorOS is not only its proximity to Arch, but even more so the friendly community behind it.

1 Like

I mean, the primary thing that attracted me to Reddit was that the comments seemed to go off in completely wild directions.

As for an answer to your original question, Arch has minimal shenanigans.

1 Like

I have a very vague recollection of reading somewhere that Philip Müeller once was one of the driving forces behind Chakra?

I have been searching for the reference - can anyone confirm or debunk thIs?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/arch_compared_to_other_distributions

Do you mean that using Arch is less fun and more work?

I couldn’t find any information about this.

I would hope that EndeavourOS never becomes anything like reddit. Myself i don’t like that about it. :innocent:

1 Like

He was involved with Chakra prior to Manjaro. He has mentioned this several times. I am not sure in what capacity though.

The easy way to find out would probably be to ask him.

Ok. SO I will “read"your question " What makes EndeavourOS different from all other distributions?”
I may answer this… it is Arch based. (thoygh there are many Arch based but as far as I know this is the closest to Arch)

Arch is way more responsive than all others I tried over a year of distrohopping.
May be I should mention a distro I tried fro very short time that was incredibly so fast which was based on Slackware which was Porteus which runs from RAM.

The completely different, not included in any other distribution, and I am talking about EndeavourOS, it has an absolutely unique forum, moderators, community.
A very friendly community, incredible fast and precise responses. They never say RTFM.
Moreover, I have to stress an extra unique thing about this forum. They actually helped me with problems related to other apps where the forums/developers of these apps couldn’t help. So smart and dedicated!

Indeed, among the Arch-based distributions, EOS is the closest to Arch Linux, the solutions that work on Arch usually work on EndeavorOS as well.

I noticed this too. Regarding an open-source or even a closed-source application, I have often asked questions here on this forum rather than on the developer’s website, and I have generally received useful answers.

1 Like

If you want it to be that way, sure. I wouldn’t recommend it to anybody but for myself it would be practically stable. You know you’re bored when the only thing you can do is open a shell and run pacman -Syu.

What makes Arch Linux different from all other distributions?

The fact that it is irrefutably proven the “Arch Is Best”. :wink:

2 Likes

Holy Crap! They even put it in the wiki? :laughing:

Edit: Sounds better if said this way …

BTW EndeavourOS is the best! :wink:

Why shouldn’t they when they got such “proof of Arch’s superiority” ?
That’s by the way the reason of BTW!

I update the packages on my installed system daily.

Just because we think Arch is the best, does it follow that Arch really is the best? :slight_smile: By the way, it really is. But what if a Cretan says this? You know the old saying: All Cretans lie, says a Cretan. Anyway, thanks for attaching the links related to the topic.

1 Like

I think that EndeavorOS will replace Arch over time.

Is it the best? And for whom?
I don’t really know before I have tried out all the GNU/Linux distributions out there.
Lacking time to do so, I stick with it for the moment. It kind of serves my needs.