What is your favorite dish?

I often go to kroatian Restaurants in Berlin - I like Ćevapčići, Bifteki and Ražnjići… :yum:

1 Like

Yes, that is how the Germans call our „Holländischer Matjes” :+1:

1 Like

Roast Lamb. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I ljust love Musabaha
Hummus with plain chickpeas.

But this is just the local food… in fact I am found of most any plate from middle-east kitchen

6 Likes

…actually not my country’s dish (at all), but it’s a week I’m literally craving for pad sed ew… :pensive:

pad sed ew

9 Likes

Frozen pizza from the supermarket.
So many additives that it also works on upset stomachs.

5 Likes

Being from Texas, people would probably expect someone from here to say barbecue or brisket. Which I’m always up for. However my go to dish for some time has been Vietnamese Pho. If you have never tried it, it’s a vermicelli noodle soup with either chicken or beef broth. You then add some vegetables. I usually get it with either pork or chicken. It’s making me hungry thinking about it.

9 Likes

Rievkooche, see here.

2 Likes

I love the Pho too ! :+1:

2 Likes

Well, it is one of the popular dishes for christmas, but not the most popular. And it also depends on the german region. In the north there are other than in the south. The most popular is potato salad with (frankfurter or vienna) sausages.
And as many of you might know the main event with the presents and the meal is christmas eve and not christmas day as in the UK or USA.

1 Like

You’re right. In my area both dishes are popular.

volgens mij heet het hier Maatjes :slight_smile:

Christmas eve in my house as a child…

4 Likes

Address please? I will be coming over… :smiley:

2 Likes

Now I know for sure that you are Russian :wink: A friend was able to prepare it for so long that the skin was as thin as canvas (something like that, anyway).
Rarely, actually only in warm months, I’ll get some kind of beer from Plzeň.

2 Likes

Is this it? I want to try it. We have a similar dish in usa.

3 Likes

Try German beer. For example, this
IMG_20201013_015631crop_PerfectlyClear

A very nice caramel note…

4 Likes

I love Buffalo chicken wings!

5 Likes

I don’t know exactly if it is “Rulka”, but the one in the photo no. 2 would be the one (pork knuckle). If I remember correctly, it is quite time consuming :grinning:

1 Like

I know a bit of them, there is a whole lot of them. This is very familiar, but you know, I do not like Weizen. But I tried Wersteiner, Radeberger (1x) and Dinkelacker. And Krombacher. These are good.

1 Like